Free NAADAC Webinar
A Recorded Webinar
As of January 2023, registration and CE quiz and Certificate access for the NAADAC Free Webinar Series are available in the NAADAC Education Center
. Click here
to learn about the NAADAC Education Center
Recorded on Wednesday, June 20, 2018
The webinar will review the current status of federal discretionary programs that support substance use disorder treatment, prevention and recovery. The presentation will place an emphasis on programs within the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA). However, funding initiatives at other key agencies, including the Department of Justice, will be reviewed.
- Participants will gain an improved understanding of the timing and processes associated with determining federal discretionary funding levels that support substance use disorder services.
- Participants will gain an increased understanding of the extent to which federal discretionary funding approved by Congress and signed by the President is increasing, remaining stable, or decreasing by agency in FY 2018.
- Participants will gain an increased understanding of the Administration’s proposed federal discretionary funding for substance use disorder services in FY 2019.
Education is FREE to all professionals
Earn 1 Continuing Education Hour (CE)
To earn a CE Certificate for viewing this webinar, you must view the webinar in its entirety, pass the CE quiz, and complete the online survey evaluation.
- Upon completing the webinar, you will have access to the CE quiz within the course you are taking. Find the CE quiz in the NAADAC Education Center and click “purchase.” NAADAC members will be prompted to register for the CE quiz for free, while non-members will be prompted to pay a $15 processing fee to access the quiz.
- A score of 80% or higher is required to pass the CE quiz and access your CE certificate. You have 10 opportunities to pass the quiz. If you are unable to pass the quiz in the allocated number of tries, then you must retake the course.
- Upon passing the CE quiz, you will be required to complete the survey evaluation for the course. Once that is completed, your CE certificate will be immediately available in your account in the NAADAC Education Center to download and print. All certificates will be stored in the NAADAC Education Center under your profile name. Click here for detailed step-by-step instructions on how to access your CE quiz and download your CE certificate.
Click here for a complete list of who accepts NAADAC continuing education hours.
This webinar is NOT eligible for ASWB ACE CE hours or NASW CE hours.
Robert Morrison, is the Executive Director and Director Legislative Affairs – National Association of State Alcohol and Drug Abuse Directors (NASADAD). Robert then broadened his health care portfolio by serving as Associate Director of Government Relations at Smith, Bucklin, and Associates from 1999 to 2001, directing government affairs programs for various organizations. Robert returned to NASADAD in 2001 as Director of Public Policy, then became Executive Director in 2009. Robert began his career working for the late Senator Frank Lautenberg (NJ). In 2013, Robert re-assumed the lead for the Association’s public policy program—returning to the type of work that originally brought him to NASADAD. Robert graduated from Drew University with a B.A. in Political Science and completed graduate work in American Government at Johns Hopkins University.
Who Should Attend
Addiction professionals, employee assistance professionals, social workers, mental health counselors, professional counselors, psychologists, and other helping professionals that are interested in learning about addiction-related matters.
Questions or comments about NAADAC Education? Take a look at our Webinar FAQs or email NAADAC.
Click here to learn about the NAADAC Education Center.
This presentation is for individual use only and may not be reproduced without permission from NAADAC.