Exhibits, Sponsorship, and Ad Sales Manager
44 Canal Center Plaza, Suite 301, Alexandria, VA 22314
Manage all aspects of exhibit sales and sponsorship development for Annual Conference and other smaller conferences, corporate sponsorship development, and advertisement sales for national magazine and online newsletter.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Exhibit Sales & Conference Sponsorship Development
Corporate Sponsorship Development
- Produce, promote and manage annual conference and other small conferences exhibit floor.
- Exhibitor Sales: Generate new and repeat exhibitor booth sales for Annual Conference and other smaller conferences via direct mailings, email, referrals, phone contact, etc.
- Sponsor Sales: Generate new and repeat conference sponsors via direct mailings, email, referrals, phone contact, etc.
- Responsible for all aspects of servicing exhibitors’ needs once booth space is contracted and payment received and all conference sponsors’ needs once sponsorship contract is completed and funds received. This includes but is not limited to contract processing, answering exhibitor inquiries, exhibitor registration, post-event mailing labels distributions and report development as required.
- Produce all exhibitor and conference sponsor communications and oversee all exhibitor and conference sponsor services. Manage exhibitor and sponsor registrations.
- Coordinate with decorating company to produce and distribute Exhibitors Service Manual. Work closely with decorator to coordinate all logistics and perform booth assignments.
- Maintain exhibitor and sponsor records and database, produce revenue reports as directed, and provide necessary exhibitor & sponsor information to communication team as directed for NAADAC website, conference app, and other conference materials.
- Develop all exhibitor and sponsor communications including the conference prospectus, exhibitor service manual and related literature, and content for the exhibitor portion of the Annual Conference web site.
- Oversee gathering and maintaining pertinent stats for all conference exhibits and sponsors. Produce reports as required.
- Receive and maintain items and forms related to the trade show (e.g., registration forms. exhibitor meeting, prize drawing announcements, insurance certificates, seek Fire Marshal approval when required. etc.).
- Manage the exhibit floor. Assist exhibitors, enforce facility and NAADAC rules and regulations, and resolve any issues that may arise.
- Research emerging exhibit/exhibitor/conference sponsor-related trends and practices and recommend best processes and policies
- Work with Executive Director and Director of Operations to generate new and repeat corporate sponsors via direct mailings, email, referrals, phone contact, etc.
- Generate new and repeat magazine and enewsletter advertisers via direct mailings, email, referrals, phone contact, etc.
- Responsible for all aspect of servicing advertisers’ needs once ad space is contracted and payment received, and wording with advertisers to ensure advertisement files meet all required specifications.
- Determine ad sales deadlines based on magazine and enewsletter publishing dates.
- Develop annual media kit and marketing language for website, eblasts, and other marketing communications
- Coordinate with communications team to provide final, ready-to-place advertisements to be placed in magazine and enewsletter.
- Maintain advertiser records and database, produce revenue reports as directed.
- Support the requirements of meetings/events handled by the department as needed.
- Seek and develop new ways to perform job duties.
- Attend staff meetings and trainings.
- Perform other related duties of a comparable level/type as assigned.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills
- Experience with exhibit, sponsorship, advertisement, and other sales.
- Bachelor degree or higher in a related field with experience in association, public sector, or non-profit/grass roots management, political science, marketing or public relations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Well organized and able to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Has good project management skills and computer skills.
- Ability to work with diversity and as a team player.
- Telecommuting up to three days a week possible after initial training.
How to Apply
Please email resume and optional cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Exhibit, Sponsorship, and Ad Sales Manager" in the subject line.