44 Canal Center Plaza, Suite 301, Alexandria, VA 22314
The Executive Assistant will be responsible for assisting the Executive Director with day-to-day tasks, Executive Committee and Board of Director activities. This part-time position (20 hours a week max) is responsible for a wide range of activities assisting the Executive Director. Candidates must have experience as a personal or executive assistant. Previous work with an association or non-profit board of directors is helpful. Must be proactive with excellent organizational, logistical, and project management skills; strong organizational, communication and writing skills for a variety of projects and diverse audiences.
The Executive Assistant will work closely with the Executive Director by assisting with the communications coming into and going out of the Executive Office.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist Executive Director with planning, organization and administration of daily tasks.
- Assist with all tasks managing Board of Directors and Executive Committee.
- Assist with the management of external and internal relationships.
- Manage Executive Director with schedules and e-mail.
- Assist in the design of flyers, power point presentations, forms, and other materials for Executive Office Projects.
- Accepts other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills
- Desire to know and/or working knowledge of the Addiction Profession.
- Excellent communication, writing, and phone skills.
- Excellent note taking skills.
- Ability to implement and learn new skills and concepts quickly.
- Problem solving skills and deductive reasoning abilities.
- Excellent organization skills time management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Must have excellent computer skills including working with cloud computing and applications, and working with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt and change quickly.
- Proficiency in AMS software, CMS software, or database.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in Adobe Acrobat Pro and other Adobe Products is a plus.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years experience as executive assistant, office administration, or office management
- Bachelor’s Degree
How to Apply
Please email resume and optional cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Executive Assistant" in the subject line.