Free NAADAC Webinar
A Recorded Webinar
As of January 2023, registration and CE quiz and Certificate access for the NAADAC Free Webinar Series are available in the NAADAC Education Center
. Click here
to learn about the NAADAC Education Center
Recorded on Wednesday, May 13, 2020
Energy psychology techniques have shown continuous efficacy in reducing trauma brain responses. Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) and Thought Field Therapy (TFT) use tapping on acupressure meridians to reduce agitated sympathetic nervous system agitation to parasympathetic nervous system resting response within minutes. The webinar will discuss the neuroscience behind the techniques and demonstrate the use of these techniques to reduce anxiety in clients.
- Learn how EFT and TFT soothe the limbic brain leading to increased cognitive functioning.
- Learn how acupressure meridian tapping accesses the whole-body response for reducing anxiety symptoms.
- Gain practical knowledge of how to use these techniques for clients with trauma and anxiety symptoms.
Education is FREE to all professionals
Earn 1 Continuing Education Hour (CE)
To earn a CE Certificate for viewing this webinar, you must view the webinar in its entirety, pass the CE quiz, and complete the online survey evaluation.
- Upon completing the webinar, you will have access to the CE quiz within the course you are taking. Find the CE quiz in the NAADAC Education Center and click “purchase.” NAADAC members will be prompted to register for the CE quiz for free, while non-members will be prompted to pay a $15 processing fee to access the quiz.
- A score of 80% or higher is required to pass the CE quiz and access your CE certificate. You have 10 opportunities to pass the quiz. If you are unable to pass the quiz in the allocated number of tries, then you must retake the course.
- Upon passing the CE quiz, you will be required to complete the survey evaluation for the course. Once that is completed, your CE certificate will be immediately available in your account in the NAADAC Education Center to download and print. All certificates will be stored in the NAADAC Education Center under your profile name. Click here for detailed step-by-step instructions on how to access your CE quiz and download your CE certificate.
Click here for a complete list of organizations who approve NAADAC to provide continuing education hours.
This webinar is not eligible for ASWB ACE CE hours.
Tricia Chandler, PhD, MA, LPC, MAC, has been working in clinical trauma & co-occurring disorders treatment for 25 years as a Licensed Professional Counselor, teaching full-time graduate online professional and addiction counseling students for nine years. Chandler has worked in private practice with individual clients, the inpatient setting, and outpatient programs for 25 years. She has created an integrative program at an extended care facility for women with co-occurring disorders in 2011 and published research findings in a peer reviewed journal in 2013. Chandler is dedicated to improving treatment for those with co-occurring disorders using energy psychology, mindfulness-based behavioral therapies, art therapy, and an integrated biopsychosocial approach.
Who Should Attend
Addiction professionals, employee assistance professionals, social workers, mental health counselors, professional counselors, psychologists, and other helping professionals that are interested in learning about addiction-related matters. Live closed captioning is available and the captioning capabilities are in compliance with the practices defined in Worldwide Web Consortium’s (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
Questions or comments about NAADAC Education? Take a look at our Webinar FAQs or email NAADAC.
Click here to learn about the NAADAC Education Center.
This presentation is for individual use only and may not be reproduced without permission from NAADAC.