Free NAADAC Webinar
A Recorded Webinar
As of January 2023, registration and CE quiz and Certificate access for the NAADAC Free Webinar Series are available in the NAADAC Education Center
. Click here
to learn about the NAADAC Education Center
Recorded on Wednesday, September 14, 2022
This webinar is sponsored by BirchNotes.
Telehealth is proving to be sustainable and effective as treatment centers have transitioned traditional counseling services to online programs. Counselors are tasked to translate face to face skills to telehealth with limited training to recreate foundational helping. This presentation will provide counselors with the tools to create virtual counseling groups which can be applicable to various levels of care. Participants will obtain skills to enhance group cohesion and participation via telehealth. This presentation will provide participants an opportunity to observe the application of evidence-based practice group skills, such as "rolling with resistance", for application in their own daily virtual work.
Fredrick Dombrowski, PhD, LMHC, MAC, CASAC, has worked as a clinician in the field of co-occurring disorders since 1998. Dombrowski has used evidence based practices in varying forms of treatment (CBT for gender dysphoria and chronic pain, DBT for personality disorders, MI for substance use treatment). He has experience as a supervisor and director for multiple programs including inpatient, outpatient, and forensic treatment. As an educator, Dombrowski is focused on experiential learning through a perspective of cultural humility and an equitable approach to clinical care. As a supervisor, Dombrowski remains focused on improvement of clinical care through supervision dedicated to evidence based practices.
Samson Teklemariam, LPC, CPTM, is the Vice President of Clinical Services for Behavioral Health Group (BHG). He is an accomplished leader with a history of driving organizational results with learning and development solutions. Known for implementing initiatives that support organizational priorities and produce measurable outcomes, he has been a leader in the field of addiction treatment for over ten years. He was formerly the Director of Training and Professional Development for NAADAC. He is a certified lead trainer for the Cognitive Behavioral Interventions for Substance Abuse (CBISA) curriculum, Calm Every Storm: Crisis Prevention & Intervention curriculum, and experienced in treating trauma-related disorders using trauma-focused cognitive behavioral therapy (TFCBT) and Seeking Safety. Teklemariam previously worked for Phoenix House Foundation as the National Director of Learning and Development.
- Participants will be able to build foundational group structure in a virtual environment.
- Participants will identify three ways to build virtual group cohesion.
- Participants will be able to perform virtual rolling with resistance skills.
- Intermediate level courses provide information that builds on knowledge practitioners with some experience already have. These courses focus on skill-building or adding knowledge, possibly following a brief overview of basic information, and involve using information in concrete situations and understanding the underlying structure of the material.
Polls and Q&A.
Education is FREE to all professionals.
Earn 1.5 Continuing Education Hours (CEs)
To earn a CE Certificate for viewing this webinar, you must view the webinar in its entirety, complete the online evaluation, and pass the CE quiz.
- Upon completing the webinar, you will have access to the CE quiz within the course you are taking. Find the CE quiz in the NAADAC Education Center and click “purchase.” NAADAC members will be prompted to register for the CE quiz for free, while non-members will be prompted to pay a $20 processing fee to access the quiz.
- A score of 80% or higher is required to pass the CE quiz and access your CE certificate. You have 10 opportunities to pass the quiz. If you are unable to pass the quiz in the allocated number of tries, then you must retake the course.
- Upon passing the CE quiz, your CE certificate will be immediately available to download in your account in the NAADAC Education Center. Click here for detailed step-by-step instructions for accessing your CE quiz and downloading your CE certificate.
Click here for a complete list of organizations who approve NAADAC to provide continuing education hours.
This webinar is eligible for ASWB ACE CE hours. Click here for NAADAC Social Worker certificate instructions.
This course meets the qualifications for one and a half (1.5) hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
Who Should Attend
Addiction professionals, employee assistance professionals, social workers, mental health counselors, professional counselors, psychologists, and other helping professionals that are interested in learning about addiction-related matters.
Live closed captioning is available and the captioning capabilities are in compliance with the practices defined in Worldwide Web Consortium’s (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act. In addition, transcripts are available for on-demand webinars recorded on and after March 27, 2019.
Questions, comments, or concerns about NAADAC Education? Take a look at our Webinar FAQs or email NAADAC.
Click here to learn about system requirements for NAADAC Webinars.
Click here to learn about the NAADAC Education Center.
This presentation is for individual use only and may not be reproduced without permission from NAADAC.