Free NAADAC Webinar
A Recorded Webinar
As of January 2023, registration and CE quiz and Certificate access for the NAADAC Free Webinar Series are available in the NAADAC Education Center
. Click here
to learn about the NAADAC Education Center
Recorded on April 26, 2017
There is a clear evidence that individuals in treatment for substance use disorders are at high risk for gambling and that unidentified gambling problems contributes to increased treatment costs and decreased treatment effectiveness. However, standard screening techniques have been largely ineffective in clinical settings. This presentation will focus on effective strategies for screening for gambling problems and initiating the conversation regarding the impact of gambling and problem gambling on recovery, health and wellbeing.
- Identify the need and rationale for screening gambling problems in substance use disorder and other behavioral health care settings.
- Gain an understanding of how to utilize effective brief problem gambling screening strategies.
- Identify how to develop a problem gambling integrated intake process.
Education is FREE to all professionals
Earn 1 Continuing Education Hour (CE)
To earn a CE Certificate for viewing this webinar, you must view the webinar in its entirety, pass the CE quiz, and complete the online survey evaluation.
- Upon completing the webinar, you will have access to the CE quiz within the course you are taking. Find the CE quiz in the NAADAC Education Center and click “purchase.” NAADAC members will be prompted to register for the CE quiz for free, while non-members will be prompted to pay a $15 processing fee to access the quiz.
- A score of 80% or higher is required to pass the CE quiz and access your CE certificate. You have 10 opportunities to pass the quiz. If you are unable to pass the quiz in the allocated number of tries, then you must retake the course.
- Upon passing the CE quiz, you will be required to complete the survey evaluation for the course. Once that is completed, your CE certificate will be immediately available in your account in the NAADAC Education Center to download and print. All certificates will be stored in the NAADAC Education Center under your profile name. Click here for detailed step-by-step instructions on how to access your CE quiz and download your CE certificate.
Click here for a complete list of who accepts NAADAC continuing education hours.
This webinar is NOT eligible for ASWB ACE CE hours or NASW CE hours.
Loreen Rugle, PhD, ICGC II, is Assistant Professor in the Department of Psychiatry, University of Maryland and is currently Program Director of the Maryland Center of Excellence in Problem Gambling. Her previous position was Director of Problem Gambling Services with the Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services for the State of Connecticut. Rugle brings over 30 years of experience in the treatment, prevention and research of problem gambling to her current position. She has managed problem gambling programs within the Veterans Administration, in the private sector and within state systems.
Who Should Attend
Addiction professionals, employee assistance professionals, social workers, mental health counselors, professional counselors, psychologists, and other helping professionals that are interested in learning about addiction-related matters.
Questions or comments about NAADAC Education? Take a look at our Webinar FAQs or email NAADAC.
Click here to learn about the NAADAC Education Center.
This presentation is for individual use only and may not be reproduced without permission from NAADAC.