Free NAADAC Webinar
A Recorded Webinar
As of January 2023, registration and CE quiz and Certificate access for the NAADAC Free Webinar Series are available in the NAADAC Education Center
. Click here
to learn about the NAADAC Education Center
Recorded on Wednesday, November 14, 2018
Up to 35% of patients who suffer from substance use disorder exhibit eating disorder behaviors that can often remain undetected by his or her treatment team. On the surface, eating disorders and substance use disorder may appear to be two entirely different conditions. In this engaging presentation, Robyn Cruze will provide her personal recovery story on eating and substance use disorder. Linda Lewaniak will then discuss why the two illnesses have similarities, why they tend to occur together, the effects both illnesses have on the brain and what integrated treatment looks like in treating both illnesses simultaneously.
- Recognize the similarities and differences between substance use disorders and eating disorders.
- Differentiate between eating disorder behaviors and substance use behaviors.
- Identify how the brain is affected by substances of abuse.
Education is FREE to all professionals
Earn 1.5 Continuing Education Hours (CEs)
To earn a CE Certificate for viewing this webinar, you must view the webinar in its entirety, pass the CE quiz, and complete the online survey evaluation.
- Upon completing the webinar, you will have access to the CE quiz within the course you are taking. Find the CE quiz in the NAADAC Education Center and click “purchase.” NAADAC members will be prompted to register for the CE quiz for free, while non-members will be prompted to pay a $20 processing fee to access the quiz.
- A score of 80% or higher is required to pass the CE quiz and access your CE certificate. You have 10 opportunities to pass the quiz. If you are unable to pass the quiz in the allocated number of tries, then you must retake the course.
- Upon passing the CE quiz, you will be required to complete the survey evaluation for the course. Once that is completed, your CE certificate will be immediately available in your account in the NAADAC Education Center to download and print. All certificates will be stored in the NAADAC Education Center under your profile name. Click here for detailed step-by-step instructions on how to access your CE quiz and download your CE certificate.
href="https://www.naadac.org/naadac-ce-acceptance">Click here for a complete list of who accepts NAADAC continuing education hours.
This webinar is NOT eligible for ASWB ACE CE hours or NASW CE hours.
Robin Cruze, MA, is Eating Recovery Center's National Recovery Advocate. She is a member of the Nationals Speakers Association, a certified life and corporate coach and has published several books, including Making Peace with Your Plate (co-authored with Espra Andrus) and Lovely Dreams. Cruze writes and speaks on topics that promote eating disorder recovery and the building of a relationship with food, body, and beauty. She lives in Denver, Colorado with her husband and two daughters.
Linda Lewaniak, LCSW, CAADC, joined Eating Recovery Center, Insight in March 2016. A widely respected substance use clinician and administrator, Lewaniak brings over 25 years of experience in the treatment of addiction and comorbid mental illness. She now serves as Program Director of Integrated Services at ERC Insight and is responsible for integration of Addiction Services across all programs and levels of care to most effectively treat the co-occurring diagnosis of substance use disorder.
Who Should Attend
Addiction professionals, employee assistance professionals, social workers, mental health counselors, professional counselors, psychologists, and other helping professionals that are interested in learning about addiction-related matters.
Questions or comments about NAADAC Education? Take a look at our Webinar FAQs or email NAADAC.
Click here to learn about the NAADAC Education Center.
This presentation is for individual use only and may not be reproduced without permission from NAADAC.