Free NAADAC Webinar
A Recorded Webinar
As of January 2023, registration and CE quiz and Certificate access for the NAADAC Free Webinar Series are available in the NAADAC Education Center
. Click here
to learn about the NAADAC Education Center
Recorded on June 28, 2017
This webinar will examine the dynamics of motivation, including the definition of motivation, how and why motivation changes, and the importance of motivation in the recovery process. The webinar will demonstrate how a professional's attitude, language, and style can increase or decrease a client's motivation.
- Explain the concept that motivation impacts clients 24 hours each day, every day.
- Describe attitudes and language that can increase or decrease a client's motivation.
- Identify why a client's motivation may change and how to counteract decreased motivation.
Education is FREE to all professionals
Earn 1 Continuing Education Hour (CE)
To earn a CE Certificate for viewing this webinar, you must view the webinar in its entirety, pass the CE quiz, and complete the online survey evaluation.
- Upon completing the webinar, you will have access to the CE quiz within the course you are taking. Find the CE quiz in the NAADAC Education Center and click “purchase.” NAADAC members will be prompted to register for the CE quiz for free, while non-members will be prompted to pay a $15 processing fee to access the quiz.
- A score of 80% or higher is required to pass the CE quiz and access your CE certificate. You have 10 opportunities to pass the quiz. If you are unable to pass the quiz in the allocated number of tries, then you must retake the course.
- Upon passing the CE quiz, you will be required to complete the survey evaluation for the course. Once that is completed, your CE certificate will be immediately available in your account in the NAADAC Education Center to download and print. All certificates will be stored in the NAADAC Education Center under your profile name. Click here for detailed step-by-step instructions on how to access your CE quiz and download your CE certificate.
Click here for a complete list of who accepts NAADAC continuing education hours.
This webinar is NOT eligible for ASWB ACE CE hours or NASW CE hours.
Scott Breedlove, MS, MARS, MRSS-P, has a Master Degree in Addiction Studies and 16 years of experience working in the field, including 10 years of experience in training. Breedlove is currently a trainer for the ATTC Network on a variety of topics, including clinical supervision technology based clinical supervision, and technology ethics. He has presented at a number of conferences in Missouri, Iowa, Kansas, Washington and Louisiana and conducts about 25-30 trainings each year in Missouri for the Missouri Credentialing Board.
Who Should Attend
Addiction professionals, employee assistance professionals, social workers, mental health counselors, professional counselors, psychologists, and other helping professionals that are interested in learning about addiction-related matters.
Questions or comments about NAADAC Education? Take a look at our Webinar FAQs or email NAADAC.
Click here to learn about the NAADAC Education Center.
This presentation is for individual use only and may not be reproduced without permission from NAADAC.