Director of Training & Professional Development
44 Canal Center Plaza, Suite 301, Alexandria, VA 22314; Telecommuting is possible.
The Director of Training & Professional Development will work in a team environment with NAADAC staff, NAADAC leadership, and National Addiction Studies Accreditation Commission (NASAC). He/she will provide day-to-day operation of education and professional development programming. This position will work to strengthen NAADAC’s development and dissemination of educational and professional development materials and offerings with support of the NAADAC team.
- Masters’ degree or higher in counseling, addiction, mental health or related field.
- Credential at the Master’s level in a helping profession.
- Experience in association, public sector, or non-profit/grassroots management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Highly motivated, hardworking, well organized, and able to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated proficiency in strategic planning, project management, and development and implementation of new programs and efforts to build long-term program sustainability.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence.
- Minimum five years of supervisory leadership experience in an association/non-profit setting.
- Demonstrated track record of flexibility; ability to adapt and react quickly to unexpected changes, and ready to anticipate problems, provide creative solutions, and meet deadlines in challenging situations.
- Proficient in information technology, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, Learning Management Systems, GoToWebinar; Proficiency in Association Management Systems preferred.
- Ability to work with diversity and as a team player.
- Work closely with Executive Director, Deputy Director, board and staff to develop, articulate and implement training & professional development-related organizational strategy.
- Provide leadership and identify best practices in developing and implementing improved and new programming and internal systems with an eye toward future needs and budget realities.
- Works with Director of Operations & Finance and Deputy Director on all program-specific financial matters.
- Develops relationships with academic institutions for the NMFP-AC program, NAADAC Institute and NASAC.
- Develops and manages the NAADAC Webinar Series and serves as the host for each webinar.
- Currently supervises one FTE coordinator level.
- Works with Communications Department on marketing content for the NAADAC webinar series, online courses, other trainings, and professional development products.
- Manages NAADAC’s independent study and online webinar trainings.
- Manages NAADAC’s Continuing Education approvals for NAADAC training, education, and events from NBCC, NASW, and other state or national entities, including tracking, applications, and maintenance.
- Manages the development of educational and professional development materials and products with the Executive Director, Deputy Director, NAADAC staff, leadership and other contracted persons.
- Assists Executive Director, Deputy Director, and Director of Operations & Finance with proposals and application processes for potential educational and/or professional-development related grants, proposals and government contracts.
- Assists Executive Director, Deputy Director, and Direction of Operations & Finance in developing education programming for national, regional, and state conferences and trainings.
- Assists Executive Director and Deputy Director in strengthening relationships with NAADAC’s partners in the business, government, health communities and state associations through the development of cooperative initiatives.
- Prepares a monthly report to the Executive Committee of progress of the Training and Professional Development department, including stats.
- Maintains a working knowledge of NAADAC training & professional development-related policies.
- Manage special projects as directed by Deputy Director.
- Other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Director of Training & Professional Development" in the subject line.