Free NAADAC Webinar
A Recorded Webinar
As of January 2023, registration and CE quiz and Certificate access for the NAADAC Free Webinar Series are available in the NAADAC Education Center
. Click here
to learn about the NAADAC Education Center
Recorded on May 10, 2017
Adverse experiences of childhood can account for 32.4% of all mental health disorders, 41.2% if disruptive behavior disorders, 32.4% of anxiety disorders, 26.2% of mood disorders, and 21% of substance use disorders. These disorders are linked to early death, higher levels of incarceration and recidivism, reliance on social services, unemployment, and shorter life spans. As many of the individuals with substance use disorders fit within the definition of developmental trauma, addiction professionals need to know the dynamics of childhood trauma and neglect and their impact on the course of treatment and how to providing trauma-informed care (TIC).
- Gain an understanding of the history behind the adverse childhood experiences and developmental trauma.
- Identify adverse childhood experiences and developmental trauma in the treatment setting and client behavior.
- Identify appropriate intervention techniques to improve outcomes.
Education is FREE to all professionals
Earn 1.5 Continuing Education Hours (CEs)
To earn a CE Certificate for viewing this webinar, you must view the webinar in its entirety, pass the CE quiz, and complete the online survey evaluation.
- Upon completing the webinar, you will have access to the CE quiz within the course you are taking. Find the CE quiz in the NAADAC Education Center and click “purchase.” NAADAC members will be prompted to register for the CE quiz for free, while non-members will be prompted to pay a $20 processing fee to access the quiz.
- A score of 80% or higher is required to pass the CE quiz and access your CE certificate. You have 10 opportunities to pass the quiz. If you are unable to pass the quiz in the allocated number of tries, then you must retake the course.
- Upon passing the CE quiz, you will be required to complete the survey evaluation for the course. Once that is completed, your CE certificate will be immediately available in your account in the NAADAC Education Center to download and print. All certificates will be stored in the NAADAC Education Center under your profile name. Click here for detailed step-by-step instructions on how to access your CE quiz and download your CE certificate.
Click here for a complete list of who accepts NAADAC continuing education hours.
This webinar is NOT eligible for ASWB ACE CE hours or NASW CE hours.
Malcolm Horn, PhD, LCSW, MAC, LAC, has worked at Rimrock since 2006. She coordinates and provides continuing education for licensed staff, ensuring they have opportunities to improve their skills and ability to meet the needs of clients. She supervises and coordinates the internship program and provides educational lectures and workshops to patients and community members. Horn also teaches two addiction specific classes at Montana State University. She is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and is licensed by the State of Montana as an Addiction Counselor. She also has accreditation from NAADAC as an MAC and SAP. She is the Montana Affiliate President and the Northwest Regional VP for NAADAC. She recently decided she needed a hobby and is working toward earning a Doctor of Philosophy Degree.
Who Should Attend
Addiction professionals, employee assistance professionals, social workers, mental health counselors, professional counselors, psychologists, and other helping professionals that are interested in learning about addiction-related matters.
Questions or comments about NAADAC Education? Take a look at our Webinar FAQs or email NAADAC.
Click here to learn about the NAADAC Education Center.
This presentation is for individual use only and may not be reproduced without permission from NAADAC.