Free NAADAC Webinar
A Recorded Webinar
As of January 2023, registration and CE quiz and Certificate access for the NAADAC Free Webinar Series are available in the NAADAC Education Center
. Click here
to learn about the NAADAC Education Center
This webinar is sponsored by Loperamide Safety.
Recorded on Wednesday, May 25, 2022
The purpose of "Deconstructing Substance Use and Wellness from a Sociocultural Perspective" is to uncover the sociocultural issues that affect the acceptance, retention, and treatment outcomes of clients who have been diagnosed with a substance use disorder as well as provide culturally responsive interventions that can be utilized to ensure the process of recovery from a wellness perspective is established and maintained.
Karla Sapp, EdD, LPC-S, LMHC-S, NCC, is a nationally certified counselor (NCC), certified clinical mental health counselor (CCMHC), master addiction counselor (MAC), certified professional counselor supervisor, licensed professional counselor in Georgia, approved clinical supervisor (ACS) and licensed mental health counselor in Florida. Sapp has been practicing for 13 years, specializing in mental health and addictions counseling within the following settings: inpatient acute hospitalization, outpatient, drug court, and federal correctional environment. Sapp has presented on the global, national, regional, state, and local level at several conferences and events.
- Participants will be able to identify the four functions that substance use disorder serves in society.
- Participants will be able to discuss substance use disorder and wellness in at least two different ways from a cultural context viewpoint.
- Participants will be able to describe three instances where cultural recovery intersects with wellness.
- Beginning level courses introduce learners to a content area; include information about a condition, treatment method, or issue; and involve learning and comprehending content.
Polls and Q&A.
Education is FREE to all professionals.
Earn 1 Continuing Education Hour (CE)
To earn a CE Certificate for viewing this webinar, you must view the webinar in its entirety, complete the online evaluation, and pass the CE quiz.
- Upon completing the webinar, you will have access to the CE quiz within the course you are taking. Find the CE quiz in the NAADAC Education Center and click “purchase.” NAADAC members will be prompted to register for the CE quiz for free, while non-members will be prompted to pay a $15 processing fee to access the quiz.
- A score of 80% or higher is required to pass the CE quiz and access your CE certificate. You have 10 opportunities to pass the quiz. If you are unable to pass the quiz in the allocated number of tries, then you must retake the course.
- Upon passing the CE quiz, your CE certificate will be immediately available to download in your account in the NAADAC Education Center. Click here for detailed step-by-step instructions for accessing your CE quiz and downloading your CE certificate.
Click here for a complete list of organizations who approve NAADAC to provide continuing education hours.
This webinar is eligible for ASWB ACE CE hours. Click here for NAADAC Social Worker certificate instructions.
This course meets the qualifications for one (1) hour of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
Who Should Attend
Addiction professionals, employee assistance professionals, social workers, mental health counselors, professional counselors, psychologists, and other helping professionals that are interested in learning about addiction-related matters.
Live closed captioning is available and the captioning capabilities are in compliance with the practices defined in Worldwide Web Consortium’s (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act. In addition, transcripts are available for on-demand webinars recorded on and after March 27, 2019.
Questions, comments, or concerns about NAADAC Education? Take a look at our Webinar FAQs or email NAADAC.
Click here to learn about system requirements for NAADAC Webinars.
Click here to learn about the NAADAC Education Center.
This presentation is for individual use only and may not be reproduced without permission from NAADAC.