Free NAADAC Webinar
A Recorded Webinar
As of January 2023, registration and CE quiz and Certificate access for the NAADAC Free Webinar Series are available in the NAADAC Education Center
. Click here
to learn about the NAADAC Education Center
Recorded on September 23, 2015
This free webinar will introduce the learner to the ideas and concepts behind both diagnosing and treating people with co-occurring disorders. Through understanding both the assessment and diagnosis of substance use dependency as well as mental health disorders, the learner will be better able to provide effective treatment to the millions of clients struggling with co-occurring disorders. While using concepts from family systems theory, the learner will be able to look at the whole person they are treating, not just one aspect.
- Define "co-occurring disorders"
- Understand the screening and assessment process for mental health disorders most commonly seen occurring with substance use disorders;
- Understand how to integrate treatment or referral for all substance use disorders and mental health disorders; and
- Understand the holistic view of integrative treatment for co-occurring disorders.
Education is FREE to all professionals
Earn 1.5 Continuing Education Hours (CEs)
To earn a CE Certificate for viewing this webinar, you must view the webinar in its entirety, pass the CE quiz, and complete the online survey evaluation.
- Upon completing the webinar, you will have access to the CE quiz within the course you are taking. Find the CE quiz in the NAADAC Education Center and click “purchase.” NAADAC members will be prompted to register for the CE quiz for free, while non-members will be prompted to pay a $20 processing fee to access the quiz.
- A score of 80% or higher is required to pass the CE quiz and access your CE certificate. You have 10 opportunities to pass the quiz. If you are unable to pass the quiz in the allocated number of tries, then you must retake the course.
- Upon passing the CE quiz, you will be required to complete the survey evaluation for the course. Once that is completed, your CE certificate will be immediately available in your account in the NAADAC Education Center to download and print. All certificates will be stored in the NAADAC Education Center under your profile name. Click here for detailed step-by-step instructions on how to access your CE quiz and download your CE certificate.
Click here for a complete list of who accepts NAADAC continuing education hours.
This webinar is NOT eligible for ASWB ACE CE hours or NASW CE hours.
Gisela Berger, PhD, has been working in the addiction profession for over 20 years. She began as a counselor in Charleston, South Carolina and worked at several facilities before pursuing her doctorate at the University of Maryland, College Park. She currently is in private practice as the Director of Mental Health Services with Omni Family Medical Clinic in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Over the years, she has worked with persons with substance use disorders and their families to enhance integration after inpatient or IOP treatment. Dr. Berger has taught psychology, sexual identity, family systems theory, clinical supervision, practicum, internship for Master's level courses at Marymount University; University of Maryland, College Park; George Washington University; and Concordia University. She has presented workshops at local, regional, and national conferences. Her work with returning veterans from Iraq and Afghanistan, and their families, has earned her accolades from local organizations.
Who Should Attend
Addiction professionals, employee assistance professionals, social workers, mental health counselors, professional counselors, psychologists, and other helping professionals that are interested in learning about addiction-related matters.
Questions or comments about NAADAC Education? Take a look at our Webinar FAQs or email NAADAC.
Click here to learn about the NAADAC Education Center.
This presentation is for individual use only and may not be reproduced without permission from NAADAC.