Free NAADAC Webinar
A Recorded Webinar
As of January 2023, registration and CE quiz and Certificate access for the NAADAC Free Webinar Series are available in the NAADAC Education Center
. Click here
to learn about the NAADAC Education Center
Recorded on July 30th, 2015
It is has been repeatedly proven that a lack of cultural competency can and will lead to poorer outcomes in the provision of services to minority populations. This may be especially true of adolescent and transition aged (16-25) clients who may operate more singularly from the world views and perspectives of their own culture than adults who may have more insight and ability to forgive missteps by providers. While these facts are now very well known, it is still difficult for counselors to access training that provides them a real springboard into multicultural competency. This free webinar will provide them with methods of becoming effective that are not restricted to learning "fun facts" about various cultures and calling it a day.
- Understand the necessity of cultural competence with these populations;
- Be better quipped to increase cultural competence both during the training and in the future; and
- Identify and navigate situations where you are not culturally competent.
Education is FREE to all professionals
Earn 1 Continuing Education Hour (CE)
To earn a CE Certificate for viewing this webinar, you must view the webinar in its entirety, pass the CE quiz, and complete the online survey evaluation.
- Upon completing the webinar, you will have access to the CE quiz within the course you are taking. Find the CE quiz in the NAADAC Education Center and click “purchase.” NAADAC members will be prompted to register for the CE quiz for free, while non-members will be prompted to pay a $15 processing fee to access the quiz.
- A score of 80% or higher is required to pass the CE quiz and access your CE certificate. You have 10 opportunities to pass the quiz. If you are unable to pass the quiz in the allocated number of tries, then you must retake the course.
- Upon passing the CE quiz, you will be required to complete the survey evaluation for the course. Once that is completed, your CE certificate will be immediately available in your account in the NAADAC Education Center to download and print. All certificates will be stored in the NAADAC Education Center under your profile name. Click here for detailed step-by-step instructions on how to access your CE quiz and download your CE certificate.
Click here for a complete list of who accepts NAADAC continuing education hours.
This webinar is NOT eligible for ASWB ACE CE hours or NASW CE hours.
Kansas Cafferty, LMFT, MCA, CATC, NCAAC, is the founder and director of True North Recovery Services (www.sandiegoaddictions.com), an intensive outpatient treatment program located in Encinitas, CA. He is also the Director of Clinical Services for Orange County Psychiatry and Addiction Medicine (www.OCPAM.com) in Newport Beach, CA and serves as a Commissioner to the NAADAC NCC AP. He served on the NAADAC Adolescent Specialty Leadership Committee from 2007-2015 and was a key member of the development team of the National Certified Adolescent Addiction Counselor credential. He holds a Bachelor of Science Degree from Springfield College with a concentration in Community Youth Development and Leadership as well as a Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology from National University, located in La Jolla, CA. He has worked in the field of addiction treatment for nearly 18 years.
Who Should Attend
Addiction professionals, employee assistance professionals, social workers, mental health counselors, professional counselors, psychologists, and other helping professionals that are interested in learning about addiction-related matters.
Questions or comments about NAADAC Education? Take a look at our Webinar FAQs or email NAADAC.
Click here to learn about the NAADAC Education Center.
This presentation is for individual use only and may not be reproduced without permission from NAADAC.