Romancing the Brain: Conflict Resolution for Recovery (CRR) is a two-day therapeutic training that is skilled-based and focused on the brain; how the brain works in conflict and strategies to affect the quality of recovery in relationships. Upon completing the 12-hour training, a participant will earn a Certificate of Completion for 12 CEs. In addition, a participant may apply for the CRR Facilitator's Certificate.
PLEASE NOTE: Certificate programs do not allow an individual to practice without certification or licensure.
Upcoming Two-Day CRR Trainings | About the Trainer | About CRR | CRR Training Kit | CRR Certificate Program
Upcoming Two-Day CRR Trainings
Virtual CRR Two-Day Training via Zoom
December 3-4, 2020
12pm ET - 8pm ET
Registration will open soon!
About the Trainer
Cynthia Moreno Tuohy, BSW, NCAC II, CDC III, SAP
, is the Executive Director of NAADAC. She previously served as the Project Director of Central East Addiction Technology Transfer Center and as the Program Director for Volunteers of America Western Washington. She has been the administrator of multi-county, publicly-funded alcohol/drug prevention/intervention/treatment centers. She has been an international, national and state trainer for over 25 years in a variety of topics. She has also served as President of NAADAC and has worked as a curriculum writer. Her book, Rein in Your Brain: from Impulsivity to Thoughtful Living in Recovery
, was released in May 2014 by Hazelden Publishers. Moreno Tuohy holds a bachelor’s degree in social work and advanced studies degrees in social work and public administration.
CRR is designed to:
Key CRR Training Sessions:
- Instinct or Intellect - Understanding where anger and conflict resides in the brain (limbic system and cortex).
- Instinctual Patterns/Familiar Feelings - Where we learn our patterns in conflict and how our brain automatically reverts to the familiar conflicting styles.
- Understanding Relationships - How they start and traverse through stages.
- Four Types of Agreements - Setting up relationships to be healthy.Four Levels of Violence - How they play a role in day-to-day conflict.
- Understanding Your Style of Conflict in Communication - Learning what your primary reactionary and secondary reactionary styles are and how they harm you and others.
- Stress and Anger - Understanding the “stress cycle” and how it may lead to conflict and relapse.
- Power and Control - Who has them and who needs them.
- Cognitive Change - Learning to change your brain and stay with it.
- Learning not to Blame and Shame - Seeking the moment of “misunderstanding.”
- Learning how to “Dig Deeper” Into the Conflict - Resolution through collaboration.
- Living a Life of Collaboration.
Upon completion of this training you will learn:
- More effective and healthier communication and communication skills.
- Stages of relationships and how they relate to conflict.
- Effective styles of conflict resolution.
- How to facilitate a model for daily interactions in situations where conflict arises, focusing on new behavior and building a higher impulse control in the participant.
- How to manage the learning process as clients discover the wounds they carry from past relationships and situations and how these wounds currently affect their lives and relationships.
The CRR Training Kit
The Romancing the Brain: Conflict Resolution for Recovery Training Kit and its components can be purchased on their own or in conjunction with the two-day training.
The Romancing the Brain: Conflict Resolution for Recovery Training Kit consists of the 264-page Facilitator Guide, the 99-page Client Workbook, and a USB drive with almost 400 PowerPoint slides to use in therapy or psychosocial educational sessions.
Regular Price: $200 Members Price: $150
Add to Shopping Cart
CLIENT WORKBOOK ONLY
The CRR Client Workbook outlines key concepts, provides visuals that reinforce content, and includes homework assignments and personal exercise sheets. Please note that Client Workbooks may not be photocopied.
This purchase includes the 99-page Client Workbook. This does NOT include the Facilitator Guide or the USB drive.
Regular Price: $50 Members Price: $20
Add to Shopping Cart
CRR Certificate Program
Those who participate in a live in-person or online two-day CRR training may purchase a Conflict Resoultion for Recovery (CRR) Facilitator's Certificate for $25 (NAADAC members) or $50 (non-members). A CRR Facilitator's Certificate is printed on high quality cardstock with a seal and mailed within ten business days of purchase.
Regular Price: $50 Members Price: $25
Add to Shopping Cart
Questions? For more information on CRR, please contact NAADAC at 703.741.7686 or firstname.lastname@example.org.