Conflict Resolution for Recovery (CRR) is a two-day therapeutic training that is skill-based and focused on the brain, including how the brain works in conflict and strategies to affect the quality of recovery in relationships. Upon completing the 12-hour training, participants will earn a Certificate of Completion for 12 CEs. In addition, participants may apply for the CRR Facilitator's Certificate.
PLEASE NOTE: Certificate programs do not allow an individual to practice without certification or licensure.
Upcoming CRR Trainings | About the Trainer | About CRR | CRR Training Kit | CRR Certificate Program
Upcoming CRR Trainings
Virtual CRR Two-Day Training (July 15-16, 2021) - 12 CEs - Registration closed
Join NAADAC Executive Director Cynthia Moreno Tuohy, BSW, NCAC II, CDC III, SAP, for a two-day virtual Romancing the Brain: Conflict Resolution for Recovery (CRR) Zoom training from 12:00pm ET to 7:00pm ET (11CT/10MT/9PT) on July 15-16, 2021. The virtual CRR training is a two-day therapeutic training that is skill-based and focused on the brain, including how the brain works in conflict and strategies to affect the quality of recovery in relationships. Upon completing the 12-hour training, participants will earn a Certificate of Completion for 12 CEs.
Registration Includes CRR Training Kit: All registrations for the two-day CRR training include purchase of the Romancing the Brain: Conflict Resolution for Recovery Training Kit, which consists of a 264-page Facilitator Guide, the 99-page Client Workbook, and a USB drive with almost 400 PowerPoint slides to use in therapy or psychosocial educational sessions. Attendees are required to have the CRR Training Kit to participate in the training.
If you already own a CRR Training Kit and can evidence that, you may call the NAADAC office at 703.741.7686 to be registered at a lower rate of $150 for members and $200 for non-members.
- Member: $300
- Non-Members: $330
Daily Schedule: Each training day will run from 12:00pm ET to 7:00pm ET, with breaks from 2:00pm - 2:15pm ET, 4:30pm - 5:00pm ET, and 6:00pm - 6:15pm ET.
Online Registration Deadline: In order to ensure that your CRR Training Kit will arrive by July 15, please register online by July 9th. If you already have a CRR Training Kit or are willing to pay for expedited shipping, please call the NAADAC office to be registered by staff through July 12.
Cancellation Policy: All cancellations received prior to July 9th will receive a refund, minus the cost of the CRR kit and a 10% administrative fee. If the refund is received prior to the CRR kit being mailed out, only a 10% administrative fee will be charged. Thereafter, no refunds are given. Please send all cancellation requests by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED.
About the Trainer
Cynthia Moreno Tuohy, BSW, NCAC II, CDC III, SAP
, is the Executive Director of NAADAC. She previously served as the Project Director of Central East Addiction Technology Transfer Center and as the Program Director for Volunteers of America Western Washington. She has been the administrator of multi-county, publicly-funded alcohol/drug prevention/intervention/treatment centers. She has been an international, national and state trainer for over 25 years in a variety of topics. She has also served as President of NAADAC and has worked as a curriculum writer. Her book, Rein in Your Brain: from Impulsivity to Thoughtful Living in Recovery
, was released in May 2014 by Hazelden Publishers. Moreno Tuohy holds a bachelor’s degree in social work and advanced studies degrees in social work and public administration.
CRR is designed to:
- Help reduce relapse and sustain recovery of adult and adolescent substance use, abuse and dependent persons by improving their conflict resolution knowledge, attitudes and skills.
- Serve as a research-based, empirically-tested, psycho-educational curriculum that is effective and appropriate to use with diverse populations of adult and adolescent substance use disorder persons.
- Provide treatment and training materials for professionals (counselors, social workers, therapists, psychologists, outreach and faith-based and others) that are easy to use and integrate into existing community residential, intensive outpatient and outpatient substance use disorder treatment facilities, as well as school-based counseling, faith counseling and other helping professional and faith-based groups.
- Provide an effective, cost-efficient, feasible model for improving clients’ conflict resolution capacities. This innovative program is based on concepts adapted from effective use in other disciplines/environments, make use of today’s technology, and enhance relapse-prevention options.
Key CRR Training Sessions:
- Instinct or Intellect - Understanding where anger and conflict resides in the brain (limbic system and cortex).
- Instinctual Patterns/Familiar Feelings - Where we learn our patterns in conflict and how our brain automatically reverts to the familiar conflicting styles.
- Understanding Relationships - How they start and traverse through stages.
- Four Types of Agreements - Setting up relationships to be healthy.Four Levels of Violence - How they play a role in day-to-day conflict.
- Understanding Your Style of Conflict in Communication - Learning what your primary reactionary and secondary reactionary styles are and how they harm you and others.
- Stress and Anger - Understanding the “stress cycle” and how it may lead to conflict and relapse.
- Power and Control - Who has them and who needs them.
- Cognitive Change - Learning to change your brain and stay with it.
- Learning not to Blame and Shame - Seeking the moment of “misunderstanding.”
- Learning how to “Dig Deeper” Into the Conflict - Resolution through collaboration.
- Living a Life of Collaboration.
Upon completion of this training you will learn:
- More effective and healthier communication and communication skills.
- Stages of relationships and how they relate to conflict.
- Effective styles of conflict resolution.
- How to facilitate a model for daily interactions in situations where conflict arises, focusing on new behavior and building a higher impulse control in the participant.
- How to manage the learning process as clients discover the wounds they carry from past relationships and situations and how these wounds currently affect their lives and relationships.
The CRR Training Kit
Conflict Resolution for Recovery and Relapse Prevention Training Kit and its components can be purchased on their own or in conjunction with the two-day training.
The Conflict Resolution for Recovery Training Kit consists of the 264-page Facilitator Guide, the 99-page Client Workbook, and a USB drive with almost 400 PowerPoint slides to use in therapy or psychosocial educational sessions.
Regular Price: $200 Members Price: $150
Add to Shopping Cart
CLIENT WORKBOOK ONLY
The CRR Client Workbook outlines key concepts, provides visuals that reinforce content, and includes homework assignments and personal exercise sheets. Please note that Client Workbooks may not be photocopied.
This purchase includes the 99-page Client Workbook. This does NOT include the Facilitator Guide or the USB drive.
Regular Price: $50 Members Price: $20
Add to Shopping Cart
CRR Certificate Program
Those who participate in a live in-person or online two-day CRR training may purchase a Conflict Resolution for Recovery (CRR) Facilitator's Certificate for $25 (NAADAC members) or $50 (non-members). A CRR Facilitator's Certificate is printed on high quality cardstock with a seal and mailed within ten business days of purchase and confirmed attendance.
Regular Price: $50 Members Price: $25
Add to Shopping Cart
Questions? For more information on CRR, please contact NAADAC at 703.741.7686 or email@example.com.