44 Canal Center Plaza, Suite 301, Alexandria, VA 22314
The Communications Coordinator will help NAADAC communicate its mission by working directly with NAADAC’s website, email marketing, and other communication/ marketing vehicles. The ideal candidate has excellent organizational, logistical, and project management skills and strong communication and writing skills for a variety of projects and diverse audiences. In addition, the ideal candidate has marketing experiences and/or training.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work directly with the Director of Communications and Communications Specialist to assist in the planning, organization, and administration of communication campaigns.
- Assist in maintaining the NAADAC website, including drafting & updating content, and updating database content (text, images, video, calendar of events etc.).
- Work with email marketing platform to create NAADAC eNewsletters and other eblasts.
- Draft and locate content for eNewsletters and other email campaigns.
- Draft marketing language for various marketing campaigns.
- Assist in the design of graphics, flyers, forms, infographics, branded graphics, marketing videos, and other communication materials.
- Assist with editing and writing of internal and external communications.
- Support the communications and marketing efforts of NAADAC through other duties.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills
The Communications Coordinator role requires a high degree of self-motivation, creativity, attention to detail, and the ability work effectively with others to deliver results on schedule in a fast-pace marketing and communications environment. Other requirements include:
- At least one year of experience working in marketing and/or communications.
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills, an excellent command of grammar, and an ability to proofread and edit materials for accuracy.
- Strong content development skills, especially the ability to draft concise, persuasive copy and to convey intended tone and voice.
- Prior experience with website maintenance and a basic working knowledge of HTML.
- Prior experience with Adobe Acrobat Professional, including commenting and form creation.
- Prior experience with Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop and InDesign.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite, especially Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience & familiarity with leading social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Excellent time management skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects, deadlines, and responsibilities simultaneously.
- Flexibility and the capacity to implement and learn new skills and concepts quickly.
- Good problem solving and deductive reasoning skills.
- Prior experience with email marketing and/or other online marketing, including demonstrated proficiency in email and social media marketing best practices.
- Experience with Informz and Sprout Social a plus.
- Prior experience with video editing a plus.
- Ability to analyze response data and make recommendations to improve results.
- Demonstrated ability to identify creative and innovative ways to perform job duties.
More advanced candidates will have the opportunity to initiate new approaches to utilizing communication vehicles (social media tools, email marketing etc.).
Benefits include health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, 401K, paid time off, family-friendly benefits, and other benefits. Onsite positions also include free onsite parking and gym access.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NAADAC provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. NAADAC hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.