Free NAADAC Webinar
A Recorded Webinar
As of January 2023, registration and CE quiz and Certificate access for the NAADAC Free Webinar Series are available in the NAADAC Education Center
. Click here
to learn about the NAADAC Education Center
Recorded on Wednesday, February 14, 2018
Collegiate Recovery Programs are designed to provide recovery support services within the college environment to allow students in recovery the opportunity for an authentic college experience. This webinar will help providers understand how campus-based recovery support through a CPR is a critical component of the continuum of care. Research outcomes and recommended standards supported by ARHE will be discussed.
- Provide a primer on collegiate recovery program basics and explain how collegiate recovery programs fit with the continuum of care.
- Describe the mission and purpose of collegiate recovery programs and the Association of Recovery in Higher Education as solution based resources.
- Impart research outcomes and rationale for increasing recovery support within the context of higher education.
Education is FREE to all professionals
Earn 1 Continuing Education Hour (CE)
To earn a CE Certificate for viewing this webinar, you must view the webinar in its entirety, pass the CE quiz, and complete the online survey evaluation.
- Upon completing the webinar, you will have access to the CE quiz within the course you are taking. Find the CE quiz in the NAADAC Education Center and click “purchase.” NAADAC members will be prompted to register for the CE quiz for free, while non-members will be prompted to pay a $15 processing fee to access the quiz.
- A score of 80% or higher is required to pass the CE quiz and access your CE certificate. You have 10 opportunities to pass the quiz. If you are unable to pass the quiz in the allocated number of tries, then you must retake the course.
- Upon passing the CE quiz, you will be required to complete the survey evaluation for the course. Once that is completed, your CE certificate will be immediately available in your account in the NAADAC Education Center to download and print. All certificates will be stored in the NAADAC Education Center under your profile name. Click here for detailed step-by-step instructions on how to access your CE quiz and download your CE certificate.
Click here for a complete list of who accepts NAADAC continuing education hours.
This webinar is NOT eligible for ASWB ACE CE hours or NASW CE hours.
Amy Boyd-Austin, MMS, LSW, is the Founding Director of the University of Vermont’s Catamount Recovery Program. Austin has worked in the field of substance use disorder, addictions and recovery for the past 24 years in various capacities as a licensed social worker, addictions counselor, educator, administrator, and advocate. As a social justice activist, Austin views students in recovery as an under-represented population on campus that is poorly understood, relatively invisible, and deserving of advocacy.
Who Should Attend
Addiction professionals, employee assistance professionals, social workers, mental health counselors, professional counselors, psychologists, and other helping professionals that are interested in learning about addiction-related matters.
Questions or comments about NAADAC Education? Take a look at our Webinar FAQs or email NAADAC.
Click here to learn about the NAADAC Education Center.
This presentation is for individual use only and may not be reproduced without permission from NAADAC.