Free NAADAC Webinar
A Recorded Webinar
As of January 2023, registration and CE quiz and Certificate access for the NAADAC Free Webinar Series are available in the NAADAC Education Center
. Click here
to learn about the NAADAC Education Center
Recorded on June 26, 2014
A component of the Recovery to Practice (RTP) Initiative
Being an addiction professional requires working in collaboration with other professionals, professions and communities, but this is not always easy. This free webinar outlines how to work within multidisciplinary teams, how to build community networks and how to work with managed care behavioral health organizations. The presenter will also discuss collaboration with and assertive linkage procedures to recovery mutual aid organizations and rapidly expanding recovery community organizations.
As a result of participating in this webinar, you will be able to:
- describe how to work on multidisciplinary teams;
- describe how to build community networks and the role of third party payors as a partner;
- list assertive linkage procedures to recovery mutual aid organizations and recovery community organizations; and
- identify a number of resources for collaboration.
Education is FREE to all professionals
Earn 1.5 Continuing Education Hours (CEs)
To earn a CE Certificate for viewing this webinar, you must view the webinar in its entirety, pass the CE quiz, and complete the online survey evaluation.
- Upon completing the webinar, you will have access to the CE quiz within the course you are taking. Find the CE quiz in the NAADAC Education Center and click “purchase.” NAADAC members will be prompted to register for the CE quiz for free, while non-members will be prompted to pay a $20 processing fee to access the quiz.
- A score of 80% or higher is required to pass the CE quiz and access your CE certificate. You have 10 opportunities to pass the quiz. If you are unable to pass the quiz in the allocated number of tries, then you must retake the course.
- Upon passing the CE quiz, you will be required to complete the survey evaluation for the course. Once that is completed, your CE certificate will be immediately available in your account in the NAADAC Education Center to download and print. All certificates will be stored in the NAADAC Education Center under your profile name. Click here for detailed step-by-step instructions on how to access your CE quiz and download your CE certificate.
Click here for a complete list of organizations who approve NAADAC to provide continuing education hours.
This webinar is NOT eligible for ASWB ACE CE hours or NASW CE hours.
Gerry Schmidt is currently the Chief Operations Officer at Valley HealthCare System in Morgantown, WV, and the Chair of NAADAC's Public Policy Committee. He has been in the addictions treatment field for nearly 40 years and has served in various capacities with NAADAC. He served on and chaired the NAADAC Certification Committee, is the current Chair of the Public Policy Committee and serves as NAADAC's Clinical Affairs Consultant. Gerry has been active over the past 5 years in the development and implementation of several of NAADAC's Life Long Learning Series of trainings. He is active both nationally and within West Virginia in legislative advocacy.
Sherri Layton, MBA, LCDC, CCS, began working in the addiction treatment field in 1977 and has been with La Hacienda Treatment Center for 22 years. She manages their alumni, continuing care, and outpatient services around Texas, along with coordination of legislative involvement, assisting with accreditation and licensure compliance, and overseeing staff training.. Sherri serves as the Mid-South Regional VP for NAADAC and is a member of the Public Policy Committee. She frequently speaks on topics related to addiction treatment and recovery, clinical supervision, and leadership development. Sherri holds a BA in Psychology and an MBA in leadership, both from UTSA.
Who Should Attend
Direct care addiction counselors who provide addiction treatment and recovery services.
Questions or comments about NAADAC Education? Take a look at our Webinar FAQs or email NAADAC.
Click here to learn about the NAADAC Education Center.
This presentation is for individual use only and may not be reproduced without permission from NAADAC.