Free NAADAC Webinar
A Recorded Webinar
As of January 2023, registration and CE quiz and Certificate access for the NAADAC Free Webinar Series are available in the NAADAC Education Center
. Click here
to learn about the NAADAC Education Center
Recorded on Wednesday, July 11, 2018
The purpose of this webinar is to introduce professionals in the field of substance use treatment to the use of cognitive therapy strategies for the treatment of compulsive/maladaptive sexual behavior. Participants will understand the motivations that apply to sexual behavior and learn approaches to treatment using rational emotive behavior therapy (REBT). Participants will identify potential activating events, beliefs that support the unhelpful behavior, the range of negative consequences, and several methods for challenging and reframing unhelpful beliefs.
- Describe the range of maladaptive compulsive sexual behaviors.
- Apply rational emotive behavior principals to the treatment of maladaptive sexual behavior.
- Identify unhelpful client beliefs related to compulsive sexual behavior and appropriate thoughts for reframing those beliefs.
Education is FREE to all professionals
Earn 1 Continuing Education Hour (CE)
To earn a CE Certificate for viewing this webinar, you must view the webinar in its entirety, pass the CE quiz, and complete the online survey evaluation.
- Upon completing the webinar, you will have access to the CE quiz within the course you are taking. Find the CE quiz in the NAADAC Education Center and click “purchase.” NAADAC members will be prompted to register for the CE quiz for free, while non-members will be prompted to pay a $15 processing fee to access the quiz.
- A score of 80% or higher is required to pass the CE quiz and access your CE certificate. You have 10 opportunities to pass the quiz. If you are unable to pass the quiz in the allocated number of tries, then you must retake the course.
- Upon passing the CE quiz, you will be required to complete the survey evaluation for the course. Once that is completed, your CE certificate will be immediately available in your account in the NAADAC Education Center to download and print. All certificates will be stored in the NAADAC Education Center under your profile name. Click here for detailed step-by-step instructions on how to access your CE quiz and download your CE certificate.
Click here for a complete list of who accepts NAADAC continuing education hours.
This webinar is NOT eligible for ASWB ACE CE hours or NASW CE hours.
William Brock, PhD, is a psychologist in Southern California with over 25 years of experience in the field. He has worked extensively in the areas of co-occurring disorders and mood disorders. He has taught psychology at the gradual level and has conducted training in a range of topics, including Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, and recovery from substance use, compulsive sexual behavior, and other behavioral addictions. He has extensive online teaching experience. Brock has been active as a SMART Recovery facilitator and regional advisor. His educational background includes a Doctor of Philosophy degree from the University of Southern California with a specialization in educational psychology and a credential in school psychology.
Who Should Attend
Addiction professionals, employee assistance professionals, social workers, mental health counselors, professional counselors, psychologists, and other helping professionals that are interested in learning about addiction-related matters.
Questions or comments about NAADAC Education? Take a look at our Webinar FAQs or email NAADAC.
Click here to learn about the NAADAC Education Center.
This presentation is for individual use only and may not be reproduced without permission from NAADAC.