Free NAADAC Webinar
A Recorded Webinar
As of January 2023, registration and CE quiz and Certificate access for the NAADAC Free Webinar Series are available in the NAADAC Education Center
. Click here
to learn about the NAADAC Education Center
Recorded on April 9, 2015
This free webinar will teach participants how to utilize fundamental group techniques to enhance the group experience of clients. This webinar explores current evidence-based practices and their fidelity measures, Process Group Therapy vs. Psychoeducational EBPs, and instructs participants on skills geared towards successful implementation of Group EBPs. The training is a counseling fundamentals training centered on the use of Group Therapy in Addiction Treatment and specifically focuses on using Motivational Interviewing techniques in groups and how to "roll with clients' resistance" in group settings. Additional themes discussed are issues of transference in groups, countertransference, and how to deal with crises or the "unexpected" in group counseling.
- List of specific strategies provided by SAMHSA on how to successfully implement Evidence-Based Practices in a Substance Abuse Treatment Program;
- "Roll with resistance" using Motivational Interviewing principles in Group Counseling; and
- List at least three evidence-based practices (EBPs) used in group settings.
Education is FREE to all professionals
Earn 2 Continuing Education Hours (CEs)
To earn a CE Certificate for viewing this webinar, you must view the webinar in its entirety, pass the CE quiz, and complete the online survey evaluation.
- Upon completing the webinar, you will have access to the CE quiz within the course you are taking. Find the CE quiz in the NAADAC Education Center and click “purchase.” NAADAC members will be prompted to register for the CE quiz for free, while non-members will be prompted to pay a $25 processing fee to access the quiz.
- A score of 80% or higher is required to pass the CE quiz and access your CE certificate. You have 10 opportunities to pass the quiz. If you are unable to pass the quiz in the allocated number of tries, then you must retake the course.
- Upon passing the CE quiz, you will be required to complete the survey evaluation for the course. Once that is completed, your CE certificate will be immediately available in your account in the NAADAC Education Center to download and print. All certificates will be stored in the NAADAC Education Center under your profile name. Click here for detailed step-by-step instructions on how to access your CE quiz and download
Click here for a complete list of organizations who approve NAADAC to provide continuing education hours.
This webinar is NOT eligible for ASWB ACE CE hours or NASW CE hours.
Samson Teklemariam is the Director of National Clinical Training at Phoenix House Foundation. His work includes providing opportunities to support continued education, learning, and growth within the addiction recovery industry. Samson has a master's degree in Clinical Counseling from Columbia International University and a bachelor's degree in Pastoral Ministries & Counseling from Toccoa Falls College. Previously, he worked at Richland School District Two in Columbia, SC as a Family Intervention Specialist. Samson also worked as a private practitioner providing individual and family counseling to those struggling with various mental health and addictive disorders.
Who Should Attend
Addiction professionals, employee assistance professionals, social workers, mental health counselors, professional counselors, psychologists, and other helping professionals that are interested in learning about addiction-related matters.
Questions or comments about NAADAC Education? Take a look at our Webinar FAQs or email NAADAC.
Click here to learn about the NAADAC Education Center.
This presentation is for individual use only and may not be reproduced without permission from NAADAC.