44 Canal Center Plaza, Ste 301, Alexandria, VA 22314
Less than 10% annually as needed.
The Certification Coordinator will provide support to NAADAC’s NCC AP Senior Certification Manager. The National Certification Commission for Addiction Professionals (NCC AP), under the auspices of NAADAC, the Association for Addiction Professionals, operates as an independent body for all matters involving NAADAC’s substance use disorders counselor credentialing and endorsement programs at the national and international levels. The Certification & Administrative Coordinator will assist with NCC AP-related administrative tasks and certification application processing, customer service, and other certification-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with a minimum of one year experience in certification or association work or related experience and training.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (phone, face-to-face, and email) in a professional office manner.
- Demonstrated writing skills at a variety of levels (agendas, minutes, letters, papers, PowerPoints, etc.).
- Excellent listening and note-taking skills.
- Highly motivated, focused, well organized, and able to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence.
- Ability to implement and learn new skills and concepts quickly.
- Problem solving skills and deductive reasoning abilities.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to complete projects and assignments on a timely basis.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through.
- Ability to work with diversity and as a team player.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel for the purpose of tracking.
- Some familiarity with Association Management Systems (AMS).
- Provide customer service support (phone and email).
- Review certification/endorsement applications and notify candidates of review outcome.
- Provide follow-up communications to applicants for missing documents or information.
- Assist with certification/endorsement renewal process.
- Assist with electronic storage of applications.
- Work with other internal departments to support the NCC AP credentialing processes.
- Assist with planning, organization, and administration of daily tasks and documents related to the tasks.
- Assist with tasks managing the NCC AP Commission and its testing processes.
- Assist with the management of external and internal meetings, schedules, and emails.
- Assist in the design of NCC AP-related PowerPoint presentations, forms, and other materials.
- Take and prepare minutes for all NCC AP & testing meetings.
- Liaison for Certification and Testing Division staff as needed.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Seek and develop new ways to perform all job duties.
- Attend all staff meetings and trainings.
- Work with other members of the NAADAC team as needed.
NAADAC provides a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, Simple IRA, paid time off, partial cell phone reimbursement, and other benefits. Onsite positions also include free onsite parking and gym access.
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to [email protected] with "Certification Coordinator" in the subject line.
NAADAC provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. NAADAC hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.