2022 Call for Webinar Presentations
We invite you to submit a proposal to be a webinar presenter for the 2022 NAADAC Free Webinar Series. NAADAC's Free Webinar Series is extremely successful, with over 200,000 professionals trained, over 300 hours of archived, on-demand webinars available, and even more titles on the horizon.
If you are a subject-matter expert on a topic relevant to addiction professionals, we encourage you to complete this application for a chance to present on a globally-broadcast and promoted webinar.
The submission deadline has now passed. Selected presenters will be notified by November 12, 2021.
NAADAC welcomes webinar presentations on the following topics:
- Counseling Techniques (ex. clinical skills, group facilitation, or family counseling strategies)
- Counseling Theories or Evidence-Based Practices (ex. CBT, DBT, MI, EFT)
- Health, Wellness & Balance (ex. nutrition, mindfulness, art therapy, music therapy, fitness, self-care, stress management)
- Social Work Issues (ex. case management, child welfare, domestic violence, physical/social/emotional/verbal abuse or neglect)
- Assessment and Diagnosis (ex. intake interviewing, triage, ASAM criteria, ASI, SBIRT, DSM5, ICD10)
- Infectious Diseases (ex. HIV/AIDS, HCV, HBV, TB, COVID-19)
- Clinical Supervision
- Working with Diverse Populations (ex. veterans, adolescents, criminal justice population, refugees, elderly, emerging adults, Latinx, LGBTQ+)
- Neuroscience of Addiction
- Substance Specific (ex. opioids, marijuana, stimulants, hallucinogens, cocaine)
- Chronic Pain
- Co-occurring Disorders (ex. ADHD/SUD, PTSD/SUD, depression/SUD, anxiety/SUD)
- Cultural Awareness/Cultural Humility
- Eating Disorders
- Confidentiality, Ethics, and/or Boundaries
- Pregnancy and SUD
- Process Addictions (ex. gambling, internet, sex)
- Harm Reduction
- Advocacy/Policy-Related/Legislation Specifically Related to Addiction
- Medication-Assisted Treatment
- Tobacco Cessation
- Peer Recovery Support or Recovery Coach Services
- Relapse Prevention
- Telecounseling and Other Uses of Technology (ex. technology-based clinical skills or treatment approaches, apps supporting recovery, guidelines and best practices for virtual counseling)
- Clinical Documentation
- Prevention and/or Education
- Professional Management/Operations (ex. leadership skills, inpatient/outpatient business-operations, professionalism in recovery, integrated system of care)
- All webinars are free to attend. Optional CE credit will be provided by NAADAC (free for NAADAC members or a processing fee for non-members).
- NAADAC will consider proposals for 1, 1.5, and 2-hour webinars only.
- Maximum 3 presenters per presentation; previous ONLINE training experience is required.
- The live event will be recorded and posted on NAADAC’s website for free on-demand viewing.
NAADAC will provide:
- Hosting capacity for up to 1,000 live participants, and unlimited views on demand.
- Aggressive advertisement to NAADAC’s entire membership (12,000+), constituent list (70,000+ addiction professionals), social media followers (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn), and affiliate networks.
- Registration processing.
- Detailed webpage on NAADAC’s website that contains description, learning objectives, presenter(s) information, and an on-demand file for convenient free viewing.
- Webinar practice and live facilitation assistance.
NAADAC requests that presenters refrain from using terminology that perpetuates the negative stigma surrounding those with substance use disorders or living in recovery:
- Instead of "addict," please use "person with a substance use disorder."
- Instead of "addicted to X," please use "has an X use disorder," "has a serious X use disorder," or "has a substance use disorder involving X" (if more than one substance is involved.)
- Instead of "alcoholic," please use "person with an alcohol use disorder."
- Instead of "drug/substance abuse," please use "substance use disorder."
- Instead of "former addict," please use "person in recovery" or "person in long-term recovery."
How will webinar presentations be selected?
NAADAC will accept call for webinar presentation applications until the close of business on Monday, November 1, 2021 and selected presenters will be notified by Friday, November 12, 2021. Applications will be selected according to the following criteria:
- All sections of the application are complete.
- Description and learning objectives are clearly stated.
- Session structure and organization are clearly defined.
- Presenters have sufficient ONLINE training experience and knowledge of the subject matter.
- The topic area corresponds with those most in demand by the addiction profession.
Please contact Jessica O'Brien, LCSW, CASAC, CPTM, NAADAC Training and Professional Development Content Manager at [email protected].