2020 Call for Webinar Presentations
Submission Due Date: Tuesday, July 16, 2019
Development of the 2020 NAADAC Webinar Series is underway, and we invite you to collaborate with us! The Webinar Series is wildly successful, with over 200,000 professionals trained so far.
If you are a subject-matter expert on a topic relevant to addiction professionals, we encourage you to apply for a chance to present on a nationally-broadcasted webinar.
Submit a Presentation
NAADAC welcomes webinar presentations on the following topics:
- Counseling Techniques for the Addiction Professional (or clinical skills like group facilitation, MI, or family counseling strategies)
- Counseling Theories OR Evidence-Based Practices for the Addiction Professional (i.e. CBT, DBT, EFT, etc.)
- Wellness in Recovery (i.e. mindfulness, fitness and recovery, nutrition and recovery, etc.)
- Social Work Issues (i.e. case management, child welfare, domestic violence, physical/social/emotional/verbal abuse or neglect, etc.)
- Assessment and Diagnostic Skills (i.e. intake interviewing, triage, ASAM criteria, ASI, SBIRT, DSM5, ICD10, etc.)
- Clinical Supervision
- Neuroscience of Addiction
- Primary Drug (CNS depressants or stimulants, opioids, marijuana, hallucinogens, cocaine, etc.)
- Chronic pain
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Co-occurring disorders (i.e. ADHD/SUD, PTSD/SUD, Depression/SUD, Anxiety/SUD, etc.)
- Criminal justice
- Cultural Awareness
- Eating disorders
- Confidentiality, Ethics, and/or Boundaries
- Fetal alcohol syndrome
- Gambling disorder
- Harm reduction
- Internet addiction
- Laws impacting addiction treatment or addiction professionals
- Medication-Assisted Treatment and Recovery (MATR)
- Recovery support or peers in recovery
- Relapse prevention
- Sexual addiction
- Stress management
- Treatment planning
- All webinars are free to participants. Optional CE credit will be provided by NAADAC for free to members of NAADAC and $15, $20, and $25 (depending on length of webinar) for non-members.
- NAADAC will consider proposals for 1, 1.5 and 2 hour webinars only.
- Maximum 2 presenters per presentation; previous training experience is required.
- The live event will be recorded and posted on NAADAC’s website for future free, on-demand viewing.
NAADAC will provide
- Hosting capacity for up to 1,000 live participants, and unlimited views on-demand.
- Aggressive advertisement to NAADAC’s entire membership (10,500+), constituent list (48,000+ addiction professionals), social media lists (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn), and affiliate networks.
- Registration processing.
- PowerPoint assistance.
- Detailed webpage on NAADAC website that contains description, learning objectives, presenter(s) information, and an on-demand file for convenient free viewing by participants.
How will webinar presentations be selected?
NAADAC will accept call for webinar presentation applications until the close of business on Tuesday, July 16, 2019. Applications will be selected according to the following criteria:
- All sections of the application are complete.
- Description and learning objectives are clearly stated.
- Session structure and organization are clearly defined.
- Presenters have sufficient training experience and knowledge of the subject matter.
- The topic area corresponds with those most in demand by the addiction profession.
The Selection Committee will contact chosen presenters via email by August 13, 2019.
Please contact NAADAC Director of Training and Professional Development, Samson Teklemariam, MA, LPC, CPTM, at email@example.com.