NAADAC 2018 Call for Webinar Presentations
Submission Due Date: Monday, September 18, 2017
Development of the 2018 NAADAC Webinar Series is underway, and we invite you to collaborate with us! The Webinar Series is wildly successful, with over 90,000 professionals trained so far.
If you are a subject-matter expert on a topic relevant to addiction professionals, we encourage you to complete the online Call for Webinar Presentations for a chance to present on a nationally-broadcasted webinar.
NAADAC welcomes webinar presentations on the following topics:
- Addiction counseling skills
- Addiction counseling theories
- Anger management
- Anxiety disorders
- The ASAM Criteria
- Brain neurochemistry & science
- Central nervous system depressants
- Central nervous system stimulants
- Child welfare
- Chronic pain
- Clinical Supervision
- Co-occurring disorders
- Criminal justice
- Eating disorders
- Effectiveness of evidence-based practices
- Eye movement desensitization
& reprocessing (EMDR)
- Fetal alcohol syndrome
- Gambling disorder
- Harm reduction
- Intake interviewing
- Internet addiction
- Laws impacting addiction treatment
- Mood disorders
- Motivational interviewing
- Personality Disorders
- Physical abuse & neglect
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Psychotic disorders
- Relapse prevention
- Screening & assessment
- Sexual abuse
- Sexual addiction
- Stress management
- Treatment planning
- All webinars are free to participants. Optional CE credit will be provided by NAADAC for free to members of NAADAC and $15 and up for non-members.
- NAADAC will consider proposals for 1-2 hour webinars only.
- Maximum 2 presenters per presentation; previous training experience is required.
- The live event will be recorded and posted on NAADAC’s website for future free, on-demand viewing.
NAADAC will provide
- Hosting capacity for up to 1,000 live participants, and unlimited views on-demand.
- Aggressive advertisement to NAADAC’s entire membership (10,500+), constituent list (45,000+ addiction professionals), social media lists (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn), and affiliate networks.
- Registration processing.
- PowerPoint assistance.
- Detailed webpage on NAADAC website that contains description, learning objectives, presenter(s) information, and an on-demand file for convenient free viewing by participants.
How will webinar presentations be selected?
NAADAC will accept call for webinar presentation applications until the close of business on Monday, September 18, 2017. Applications will be selected according to the following criteria:
- All sections of the application are complete.
- Description and learning objectives are clearly stated.
- Session structure and organization are clearly defined.
- Presenters have sufficient training experience and knowledge of the subject matter.
- The topic area corresponds with those most in demand by the addiction profession.
The Selection Committee will contact chosen presenters via email by October 6, 2017.
Please contact NAADAC Director of Training, Tom Durham, PhD at firstname.lastname@example.org.