2023 Call for Webinar Presentations
The deadline to submit a proposal to be a webinar presenter for NAADAC's Free Webinar Series and/or Specialty Online Training Series has passed. Selected presenters will be notified by Friday, November 4, 2022.
2023 NAADAC Free Webinar Series: NAADAC's Free Webinar Series is extremely successful, with over 200,000 professionals trained, over 325 hours of archived, on-demand webinars available, and even more titles on the horizon.
NAADAC also offers specialty online trainings to address specific addiction treatment-related education needs.
If you specialize in any of those three areas, please submit for one of our series!
If you are a subject-matter expert on one of the proposed specialty topics OR any topic relevant to addiction professionals, we encourage you to complete this application for a chance to present on a globally-broadcasted and promoted webinar.
The deadline for submissions has passed. Selected presenters will be notified by Friday, November 4, 2022.
Submit a Webinar Presentation Proposal Today! Preview the Proposal Form
- All webinars in the free webinar series are free to attend with optional CE credit provided by NAADAC (free for NAADAC members or a processing fee for non-members). All webinars in the specialty series cost $25 to attend with CEs included.
- NAADAC will consider proposals for 1, 1.5, and 2-hour webinars only. All specialty series webinars will be 1.5 hours.
- Maximum 3 presenters per presentation; previous ONLINE training experience is required.
- The live events for the free webinar series will be recorded and posted on NAADAC’s website for free on-demand viewing. The specialty series will be recorded and made accessible upon purchase.
NAADAC will provide:
- Hosting capacity for up to 1,000 live participants, and unlimited views on demand.
- Aggressive advertisement to NAADAC’s entire membership (13,000+), constituent list (80,000+ addiction professionals), social media followers (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn), and affiliate networks.
- Registration processing.
- Detailed webpage on NAADAC's website that contains description, learning objectives, presenter(s) information, and an on-demand file for convenient free viewing.
- Webinar practice and live facilitation assistance.
NAADAC requests that presenters refrain from using terminology that perpetuates the negative stigmas surrounding those with substance use disorders or living in recovery.
- Instead of "addict," use "person with a substance use disorder"
- Instead of "addicted to X," use "has an X use disorder," "has a serious X use disorder," or "has a substance use disorder involving X" (if more than one substance is involved)
- Instead of "alcoholic," use "person with an alcohol use disorder"
- Instead of "drug/substance abuse," use "substance use disorder"
- Instead of "former addict," use "person in recovery" or "person in long-term recovery"
How will webinar presentations be selected?
NAADAC will accept call for webinar presentation applications until the close of business on Wednesday, October 19, 2022 and selected presenters will be notified by Friday, November 4, 2022. Applications will be selected according to the following criteria:
- All sections of the application are complete.
- Description and learning objectives are clearly stated.
- Session structure and organization are clearly defined.
- Presenters have sufficient ONLINE training experience and knowledge of the subject matter.
- The topic area corresponds with those most in demand by the addiction profession.
Please contact NAADAC Director of Training & Professional Development Jessica O'Brien, LCSW, CASAC, CPTM, at [email protected].