Clients dealing with trauma aren’t always receptive to the therapeutic process. And using treatment techniques that repeatedly confront clients with the horrific details of the traumas that haunt them can cause them to be avoidant, reactionary, or completely withdrawn. It’s painful for clients and clinician alike, and it doesn’t feel like healing.
Attend this 2-Day EMDR seminar and discover how this powerful, evidence-based treatment has helped thousands of clients safely and rapidly process their traumas without the need to focus on explicit details! You’ll learn:
- How EMDR can be used to overcome avoidance in clients
- How EMDR techniques can help clients resolve traumatic memories
- When and with which clients EMDR should be used
- How to emphasize safety during sessions
- How the 8-phase model is used in treatment
Demonstrations and brief practice opportunities will give attendees an opportunity to see how EMDR is used and give them a chance to experience it themselves.
Sign up today and discover how EMDR can help clients find relief from trauma and reclaim their lives!
This training is not affiliated with EMDRIA and does NOT qualify towards EMDRIA credits, training or certification.
- Establish the role of the autonomic nervous system in trauma symptomology.
- Articulate the clinical implications of the freeze response in trauma treatment.
- Characterize the potential neurobiological mechanisms of change in the empirically validated EMDR approach.
- Specify how EMDR techniques can build dual awareness in clients to treat the avoidance that makes trauma treatment challenging.
- Communicate the 8 Phases of the EMDR protocol.
- Determine which clients you should use EMDR with.
- Analyze resourcing strategies from EDMR that clinicians can use to help facilitate the processing of trauma.
- Characterize how EMDR techniques can be used to reinforce and activate positive neural networks.
- Communicate how EMDR can be modified to work with complex/developmental trauma to directly treat traumatic memories.
- Evaluate strategies that can help foster the critical connection between client and therapist in EMDR therapy.
- Articulate the research limitations and potential risks associated with EMDR.
- Establish the order of operations for attachment-based EMDR treatment to resolve relational trauma.