Young clients are often referred to therapy because of an overt behavior problem – acting out, shutting down, skipping school, self-harm, aggression, running away – not the underlying trauma and unhealthy family dynamics that are the real cause of the problem. And while you can make some progress individually, lasting change is unlikely when the child returns to the same unhealthy dynamic at home.
Trauma affects the entire family – shouldn’t treatment do the same?
Join Dr. Scott Sells, founder of the Family Systems Trauma (FST) Model and creator of Parenting with Love and Limits®, to learn 7 must-have, evidence-based techniques for assessing and treating the traumatized child in whole new way.
Under Dr. Sells’ expert guidance, you’ll discover how you can:
• Engage and motivate even the most resistant parents and families
• Keep session work focused, strategic, and solution-oriented
• Empower caregivers to improve boundaries, attachment, discipline and communication
• Overcome the most common treatment roadblocks that frustrate you and your client
• Utilize easy to follow handouts and resources to help facilitate change
If you’re treating young people, you need these techniques in your clinical toolbox! Sign up today!