Free NAADAC Webinar
A Recorded Webinar
As of January 2023, registration and CE quiz and Certificate access for the NAADAC Free Webinar Series are available in the NAADAC Education Center
. Click here
to learn about the NAADAC Education Center
Recorded on Wednesday, January 24, 2018
This webinar will start by defining “brief intervention,” discussing where it can be used, and exploring the school of thought from which it was developed. The webinar will also cover the use of Substance and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral Treatment (SBIRT) protocol in performing brief intervention and how to use it in the counseling setting using one to three sessions.
- Learn the names of the three schools of therapy/intervention methods involved in the development of brief intervention model and two elements of each.
- Taught three assessment tools used in SBIRT as outlined by SAMHSA and how to use motivational techniques to interpret results with clients.
- Grasp the six elements and steps of brief intervention.
Education is FREE to all professionals
Earn 1 Continuing Education Hour (CE)
To earn a CE Certificate for viewing this webinar, you must view the webinar in its entirety, pass the CE quiz, and complete the online survey evaluation.
- Upon completing the webinar, you will have access to the CE quiz within the course you are taking. Find the CE quiz in the NAADAC Education Center and click “purchase.” NAADAC members will be prompted to register for the CE quiz for free, while non-members will be prompted to pay a $15 processing fee to access the quiz.
- A score of 80% or higher is required to pass the CE quiz and access your CE certificate. You have 10 opportunities to pass the quiz. If you are unable to pass the quiz in the allocated number of tries, then you must retake the course.
- Upon passing the CE quiz, you will be required to complete the survey evaluation for the course. Once that is completed, your CE certificate will be immediately available in your account in the NAADAC Education Center to download and print. All certificates will be stored in the NAADAC Education Center under your profile name. Click here for detailed step-by-step instructions on how to access your CE quiz and download your CE certificate.
Click here for a complete list of who accepts NAADAC continuing education hours.
This webinar is NOT eligible for ASWB ACE CE hours or NASW CE hours.
Rebecca Bullion, LCSW, CIP, SAP, MAC, has been a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and psychotherapist in private practice for 25 years and a certified intervention professional since 2011. She also holds certifications in EMDR, Crisis Intervention Stress Debriefing and Department of Transportation Substance Abuse Provider providing alcohol and drug assessments since 2003. She has presented at the 2016 Innovations in Behavioral Health Conference on Eating Disorder Intervention and has also presented this topic at the webinar in the January 2016 NAADAC monthly webinar series. She held an internet radio talk show on Voice America from 9/12 to 1/13 entitled Addiction in America.
Who Should Attend
Addiction professionals, employee assistance professionals, social workers, mental health counselors, professional counselors, psychologists, and other helping professionals that are interested in learning about addiction-related matters.
Questions or comments about NAADAC Education? Take a look at our Webinar FAQs or email NAADAC.
Click here to learn about the NAADAC Education Center.
This presentation is for individual use only and may not be reproduced without permission from NAADAC.