Free NAADAC Webinar
A Recorded Webinar
As of January 2023, registration and CE quiz and Certificate access for the NAADAC Free Webinar Series are available in the NAADAC Education Center
. Click here
to learn about the NAADAC Education Center
Recorded on Wednesday, August 22, 2018
This presentation will prepare clinicians to understand the neurological and psychological causes and effects of trauma and how they impact addictions and addiction treatment. Clinicians will be given both the theory and application of breath awareness and modulation techniques that have had a profound positive effect on recovery rates. Examples of simple efficient tools in dealing with anxiety, depression, and addictions are given along with how breathwork training has affected both treatment staffs and communities.
- Identify three advantages and one caution of faster than normal breathing interventions with trauma and addiction recovery.
- Able to name two physiological and two psychological effects of slow and fast breath modulation.
- Conversant with three breathwork tools for use during and after counseling sessions.
Education is FREE to all professionals
Earn 1.5 Continuing Education Hours (CEs)
To earn a CE Certificate for viewing this webinar, you must view the webinar in its entirety, pass the CE quiz, and complete the online survey evaluation.
- Upon completing the webinar, you will have access to the CE quiz within the course you are taking. Find the CE quiz in the NAADAC Education Center and click “purchase.” NAADAC members will be prompted to register for the CE quiz for free, while non-members will be prompted to pay a $20 processing fee to access the quiz.
- A score of 80% or higher is required to pass the CE quiz and access your CE certificate. You have 10 opportunities to pass the quiz. If you are unable to pass the quiz in the allocated number of tries, then you must retake the course.
- Upon passing the CE quiz, you will be required to complete the survey evaluation for the course. Once that is completed, your CE certificate will be immediately available in your account in the NAADAC Education Center to download and print. All certificates will be stored in the NAADAC Education Center under your profile name. Click here for detailed step-by-step instructions on how to access your CE quiz and download your CE certificate.
Click here for a complete list of who accepts NAADAC continuing education hours.
This webinar is NOT eligible for ASWB ACE CE hours or NASW CE hours.
Jim Morningstar, PhD, has been a practicing licensed psychologist and psychotherapist since 1973. He managed a community mental health center and supervised medical residents. Morningstar founded Transformations Incorporated in 1980; since then it has directed the School of Integrative Psychology, and since 1990 has directed the Transformations Breathwork Training Program. He is the founder of Therapeutic Breathwork and has done numerous presentations on healing anxiety, depression, and addictions in seven countries. His latest of 5 books is Break Through with Breathwork.
Teri Nehring, MSEd, LPC, CSAC, MAC, ICS, has spent 29 years as a clinical therapist and has been able to foster and hold the space for healing for numerous people who have experienced addiction, anxiety, depression, and trauma. She has been trained and has presented an array of modalities, including EMDR, Motivational Interviewing, Solution Focused Therapy, Client-Centered Therapy, Trauma, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Mindfulness. She also trained in holistic modalities, including Yoga, Reiki and the Shamanic Arts. Nehring has a Master of Science degree in Education and Counseling, and is a Licensed Professional Counselor, Clinical Substance Abuse Counselor, Independent Clinical Supervisor and Master Addictions Counselor.
Who Should Attend
Addiction professionals, employee assistance professionals, social workers, mental health counselors, professional counselors, psychologists, and other helping professionals that are interested in learning about addiction-related matters.
Questions or comments about NAADAC Education? Take a look at our Webinar FAQs or email NAADAC.
Click here to learn about the NAADAC Education Center.
This presentation is for individual use only and may not be reproduced without permission from NAADAC.