Free NAADAC Webinar
A Recorded Webinar
As of January 2023, registration and CE quiz and Certificate access for the NAADAC Free Webinar Series are available in the NAADAC Education Center
. Click here
to learn about the NAADAC Education Center
This webinar is sponsored by the Federal Bureau of Prisons.
Recorded on Wednesday, May 4, 2022
Inside of every great substance use disorder counselor is a great group facilitator. This session will teach you how to bring life and a fresh approach with innovation and ingenuity to every group process. Together we will learn how to embrace the changing culture and sub-cultures in a post-COVID world of persons served. The front lines have now been blurred and together we can help those caught in the fog through life changing group facilitation.
Ryan Wells, MS, MDiv, CADC II, ACS, is an adult child of an addict. He spent five years getting a four-year undergraduate degree from Fort Valley State University. Wells now holds two Master's degrees, one in Divinity from Luther Rice Seminary and the other in Criminal Justice from Troy State University. Wells is also an approved clinical supervisor in the state of Georgia with certifications as a CADC II and CAMS II. He is a proud member of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc. and currently serves on too many boards to count. Wells married his beautiful wife, his navel orange, Mika, 15 years ago. They have three tornadoes in jeans: Allison, Kaydence, and Ryan Jr.
- Participants will be able to follow a three step system to prepare, deliver, and process group content to facilitate life change within the group process.
- Participants will be able to implement three practical strategies of group maneuvering to maximize group participation.
- Participants will be able to maximize group communication in at least two different ways by minimizing group confrontation and domineering behaviors.
- Beginning level courses introduce learners to a content area; include information about a condition, treatment method, or issue; and involve learning and comprehending content.
Polls and Q&A.
Education is FREE to all professionals.
Earn 1 Continuing Education Hour (CE)
To earn a CE Certificate for viewing this webinar, you must view the webinar in its entirety, complete the online evaluation, and pass the CE quiz.
- Upon completing the webinar, you will have access to the CE quiz within the course you are taking. Find the CE quiz in the NAADAC Education Center and click “purchase.” NAADAC members will be prompted to register for the CE quiz for free, while non-members will be prompted to pay a $15 processing fee to access the quiz.
- A score of 80% or higher is required to pass the CE quiz and access your CE certificate. You have 10 opportunities to pass the quiz. If you are unable to pass the quiz in the allocated number of tries, then you must retake the course.
- Upon passing the CE quiz, your CE certificate will be immediately available to download in your account in the NAADAC Education Center. Click here for detailed step-by-step instructions for accessing your CE quiz and downloading your CE certificate.
Click here for a complete list of organizations who approve NAADAC to provide continuing education hours.
This webinar is eligible for ASWB ACE CE hours. Click here for NAADAC Social Worker certificate instructions.
This course meets the qualifications for one (1) hour of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
Who Should Attend
Addiction professionals, employee assistance professionals, social workers, mental health counselors, professional counselors, psychologists, and other helping professionals that are interested in learning about addiction-related matters.
Live closed captioning is available and the captioning capabilities are in compliance with the practices defined in Worldwide Web Consortium’s (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act. In addition, transcripts are available for on-demand webinars recorded on and after March 27, 2019.
Questions, comments, or concerns about NAADAC Education? Take a look at our Webinar FAQs or email NAADAC.
Click here to learn about system requirements for NAADAC Webinars.
Click here to learn about the NAADAC Education Center.
This presentation is for individual use only and may not be reproduced without permission from NAADAC.