Free NAADAC Webinar
A Recorded Webinar
As of January 2023, registration and CE quiz and Certificate access for the NAADAC Free Webinar Series are available in the NAADAC Education Center
. Click here
to learn about the NAADAC Education Center
Recorded on Wednesday, August 8, 2018
Does life feel out of control? Are you resentful? Many of us are drawn to addiction work due to our history, family, and personal traits, such as compassion and empathy. While these experiences and strengths can be great assets, they can also be detrimental. In this webinar, we will identify healthy and unhealthy traits, how we can care for ourselves, and what authentic self-care looks like. We have been told of the importance of self-care but what does that mean for us? We will identify our personal challenges, triggers, and needs in order to create authentic self-care plans. Caring for yourself will benefit your family, those you work with, and of course, you! Codependent and related tendencies can be successfully combatted with awareness, self-care, and other supports.
- Identify codependent and related characteristics.
- Become familiar with Authentic Self-Care.
- Learn how to create an Authentic Self-Care plan.
Education is FREE to all professionals
Earn 1 Continuing Education Hour (CE)
To earn a CE Certificate for viewing this webinar, you must view the webinar in its entirety, pass the CE quiz, and complete the online survey evaluation.
- Upon completing the webinar, you will have access to the CE quiz within the course you are taking. Find the CE quiz in the NAADAC Education Center and click “purchase.” NAADAC members will be prompted to register for the CE quiz for free, while non-members will be prompted to pay a $15 processing fee to access the quiz.
- A score of 80% or higher is required to pass the CE quiz and access your CE certificate. You have 10 opportunities to pass the quiz. If you are unable to pass the quiz in the allocated number of tries, then you must retake the course.
- Upon passing the CE quiz, you will be required to complete the survey evaluation for the course. Once that is completed, your CE certificate will be immediately available in your account in the NAADAC Education Center to download and print. All certificates will be stored in the NAADAC Education Center under your profile name. Click here for detailed step-by-step instructions on how to access your CE quiz and download your CE certificate.
Click here for a complete list of who accepts NAADAC continuing education hours.
This webinar is NOT eligible for ASWB ACE CE hours or NASW CE hours.
Cary Hopkins Eyles, MA, CAP, RYT, is the Assistant Director of the UTC Coordinating Center for North American Universities. She received her Master’s degree from USF. She is a Certified Addictions Professional, registered yoga teacher, and certified trainer in domestic violence. She was Director of Criminal Justice programs, running treatment centers for persons with substance use and mental health disorders, for a decade. She was Training and Staff Development Coordinator at a behavioral health organization for 2 years. She taught undergraduate classes in Criminology and Interdisciplinary Social Science departments at USF. Eyles has presented at multiple FADAA Conferences and been published in the areas of trauma-informed care and school shootings.
Who Should Attend
Addiction professionals, employee assistance professionals, social workers, mental health counselors, professional counselors, psychologists, and other helping professionals that are interested in learning about addiction-related matters.
Questions or comments about NAADAC Education? Take a look at our Webinar FAQs or email NAADAC.
Click here to learn about the NAADAC Education Center.
This presentation is for individual use only and may not be reproduced without permission from NAADAC.