Assistant to the Executive Director & Finance Director
44 Canal Center Plaza, Ste 301, Alexandria, VA 22314
Executive Director and Finance Director
The Assistant to the Executive and Finance Director will be responsible for assisting the Executive Director and Finance Director with day-to-day tasks. Candidates must have experience as a personal or executive assistant as well as bookkeeping experience. Previous work with an association or non-profit board of directors is preferred. Must be proactive and skilled with excellent organizational, logistical, and project management skills; strong communication and writing skills for a variety of projects and diverse audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years’ experience as an executive assistant, office administrator or office manager.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (phone, face-to-face and email); and writing skills at a variety of levels (agendas, minutes, letters, papers, power points).
- Excellent listening and note taking skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence.
- Ability to implement and learn new skills and concepts quickly.
- Problem solving skills and deductive reasoning abilities.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to complete projects and assignments on a timely basis.
- Proficient in information technology, including Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, Learning Management Systems, CMS or database and Association Management Systems (Impexium) and Microsoft Great Plains Financial system
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through.
- Demonstrated track record of flexibility; ability to adapt and react quickly to unexpected changes, and ready to anticipate problems, provide creative solutions, and meet deadlines in challenging situations.
- Desire to know and/or working knowledge of the Addiction Profession.
- Ability to work with a diverse staff and as a team player.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Assist Executive Director with planning, organization and administration of daily tasks and documents related to the tasks
- Assist with all tasks managing Board of Directors, Executive Committee, the NERF Foundation and the NASAC LLC
- Assist with the management of external and internal relationships
- Manage Executive Director with schedules and e-mail
- Assist in the design of power point presentations, forms, and other materials for Executive Office Projects
- Assist in management and delivery of the NAADAC Approved Education Provider Program
- Manage special projects as directed by Executive Director
- Seek and develop new ways to perform job duties
- Attend staff meetings and trainings
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Financial duties and responsibilities:
- Verifying check batches for deposit with data in Association Management System
- Assist with entering accounts payable and receivable transactions into financial system
- Maintain AP /AR tracking sheet for Executive Director
- Create and maintain vendors information in financial system
- Collect and maintain file for vendor W-9 forms
- Mailing of checks to vendors, invoices, and/or sponsorship letters
- Assist with maintaining AP files
- Assist with maintaining employee files
- Process NERF sponsorship letters (semiannually)
- Assist Director with financial inquiries from staff and external customers
- Update NAADAC internal calendar
- Assist with annual 1099 processing and distribution
- Other duties as assigned by the Finance Director
NAADAC provides a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, retirement benefits, dental benefits, paid time off, partial, or full cell phone reimbursement, and other benefits. Non-remote employees also receive free parking and access to an onsite gym.
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to [email protected] with "Assistant to the Executive Director & Finance Director " in the subject line.
NAADAC provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. NAADAC hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.
$60,000 - $65,000 (based on experience)