Free NAADAC Webinar
A Recorded Webinar
As of January 2023, registration and CE quiz and Certificate access for the NAADAC Free Webinar Series are available in the NAADAC Education Center
. Click here
to learn about the NAADAC Education Center
Recorded on October 25, 2017
The ability to deal effectively with emotions is critical to success in recovery. Gain a greater understanding of the importance of emotional intelligence, how to use it with clients, how to model responses to address difficult situations, and teach skill building exercises by attending this webinar.
- Recognize and understand the five competencies for building emotional intelligence.
- Gain practical tools and skills for communicating effectively, assertively, and collaboratively.
- Learn how to choose perceptions and behaviors that will lead to positive outcomes.
Education is FREE to all professionals
Earn 1 Continuing Education Hour (CE)
To earn a CE Certificate for viewing this webinar, you must view the webinar in its entirety, pass the CE quiz, and complete the online survey evaluation.
Click here for a complete list of who accepts NAADAC continuing education hours.
This webinar is NOT eligible for ASWB ACE CE hours or NASW CE hours.
- Upon completing the webinar, you will have access to the CE quiz within the course you are taking. Find the CE quiz in the NAADAC Education Center and click “purchase.” NAADAC members will be prompted to register for the CE quiz for free, while non-members will be prompted to pay a $15 processing fee to access the quiz.
- A score of 80% or higher is required to pass the CE quiz and access your CE certificate. You have 10 opportunities to pass the quiz. If you are unable to pass the quiz in the allocated number of tries, then you must retake the course.
- Upon passing the CE quiz, you will be required to complete the survey evaluation for the course. Once that is completed, your CE certificate will be immediately available in your account in the NAADAC Education Center to download and print. All certificates will be stored in the NAADAC Education Center under your profile name. Click here for detailed step-by-step instructions on how to access your CE quiz and download your CE certificate.
Brenda Greig, MBA, MA, LADC, has a Master's Degree in Addiction Counseling from Hazelden Graduate School of Addiction Studies. She has over eight years of personal sobriety and extensive experience working with people who desire freedom from substance use disorders. Greig has over twenty years of experience in the corporate environment and has been in leadership roles for nonprofit and for profit entities. Her leadership experience combined with a passion for living life to the fullest will inspire you to do the same.
Who Should Attend
Addiction professionals, employee assistance professionals, social workers, mental health counselors, professional counselors, psychologists, and other helping professionals that are interested in learning about addiction-related matters.
Questions or comments about NAADAC Education? Take a look at our Webinar FAQs or email NAADAC.
Click here to learn about the NAADAC Education Center.
This presentation is for individual use only and may not be reproduced without permission from NAADAC.