We pledge to actively engage in activities which promote integrity and professionalism of addiction counselors. We will provide continuing educational opportunities for addiction counselors, counselors in training and other counseling disciplines. We pledge to pursue and explore ideas that will advance the addiction counseling profession.
The Goals of the Alabama Association of Addiction Counselors Board & the Alabama Alcoholism and Drug Counselor Certification Board are:
- To establish credibility, confidence and trust;
- To clarify and define Counselor duties and responsibilities;
- To develop professional identify;
- To enhance incentive for Counselor professional growth;
- To reduce alcohol and drug stigma;
- To provide professional assistance to clients and fellow Counselors;
- To increase potential of Certification reciprocity; and
- To increase reimbursement potential.
Here is the Alabama Addiction Counselor Certification booklet and instructions. Work experience in combination with qualifying points is used in determine eligibility for certification. Please review the certification guidelines carefully to ensure your eligibility for certification.
Download the booklet