Advocacy Series, Session II: Updates on Federal SUD Funding
A Recorded Webinar
As of January 2023, registration and CE quiz and Certificate access for the NAADAC Free Webinar Series are available in the NAADAC Education Center
. Click here
to learn about the NAADAC Education Center
Recorded on Friday, July 10, 2020
This webinar will provide an overview of the status of federal funding that supports substance use disorder treatment, prevention, and recovery. In particular, the session will focus on the many initiatives moving forward at the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), through the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), and in other HHS operating divisions. This presentation will also include detailed information about federal funding of interest to NAADAC members and stakeholders.
- Provide an introduction to NASADAD.
- Provide an overview of federal budget and appropriations process.
- Explain the final appropriations for FY 2020, relevant provisions included in bills designed to address COVID-19, and status of FY 2021 appropriations.
Education is FREE to all professionals
Earn 1.5 Continuing Education Hours (CEs)
To earn a CE Certificate for viewing this webinar, you must view the webinar in its entirety, pass the CE quiz, and complete the online survey evaluation.
- Upon completing the webinar, you will have access to the CE quiz within the course you are taking. Find the CE quiz in the NAADAC Education Center and click “purchase.” NAADAC members will be prompted to register for the CE quiz for free, while non-members will be prompted to pay a $20 processing fee to access the quiz.
- A score of 80% or higher is required to pass the CE quiz and access your CE certificate. You have 10 opportunities to pass the quiz. If you are unable to pass the quiz in the allocated number of tries, then you must retake the course.
- Upon passing the CE quiz, you will be required to complete the survey evaluation for the course. Once that is completed, your CE certificate will be immediately available in your account in the NAADAC Education Center to download and print. All certificates will be stored in the NAADAC Education Center under your profile name. Click here for detailed step-by-step instructions on how to access your CE quiz and download your CE certificate.
Click here for a complete list of organizations who approve NAADAC to provide continuing education hours.
This webinar is not eligible for ASWB ACE CE hours.
Robert I.L. Morrison is the Executive Director & Director of Legislative Affairs for the National Association of State Alcohol and Drug Abuse Directors (NASADAD). Morrison first came to NASADAD in 1998 as Public Policy Associate. He then served as Associate Director of Government Relations at Smith, Bucklin and Associates from 1999 to 2001. Morrison returned to NASADAD in 2001 as Director of Public Policy and went on to become Executive Director in 2009. He first came to Washington in 1993 to work for the late U.S. Senator Frank R. Lautenberg (NJ). Morrison graduated from Drew University in New Jersey with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science and completed graduate work in American Government at the Johns Hopkins University.
Who Should Attend
Addiction professionals, employee assistance professionals, social workers, mental health counselors, professional counselors, psychologists, and other helping professionals that are interested in learning about addiction-related matters. Live closed captioning is available and the captioning capabilities are in compliance with the practices defined in Worldwide Web Consortium’s (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
Questions or comments about NAADAC Education? Take a look at our Webinar FAQs or email NAADAC.
Click here to learn about the NAADAC Education Center.
This presentation is for individual use only and may not be reproduced without permission from NAADAC.