Free NAADAC Webinar
A Recorded Webinar
As of January 2023, registration and CE quiz and Certificate access for the NAADAC Free Webinar Series are available in the NAADAC Education Center
. Click here
to learn about the NAADAC Education Center
Recorded on Thursday, January 4, 2018
This webinar will focus on the NAADAC Advocacy Series and what the NAADAC Advocacy Series will present and the importance to addiction professionals. Issues addressed will be the Series Itself, NAADAC’s public policy initiatives, and the NAADAC Advocacy webpages and how to stay current. Participants will also get an overview of major legislative issues currently before Congress and strategies for contacting their legislators for inclusion and support of those related to our profession.
- Participants will be able to understand the significance of public policy and the importance of this webinar series.
- Participants will be able to understand NAADAC’s public policy initiatives.
- Participants will be able to understand the public policy issues that are relevant to contact their own legislators to support.
Education is FREE to all professionals
Earn 1 Continuing Education Hour (CE)
To earn a CE Certificate for viewing this webinar, you must view the webinar in its entirety, pass the CE quiz, and complete the online survey evaluation.
- Upon completing the webinar, you will have access to the CE quiz within the course you are taking. Find the CE quiz in the NAADAC Education Center and click “purchase.” NAADAC members will be prompted to register for the CE quiz for free, while non-members will be prompted to pay a $15 processing fee to access the quiz.
- A score of 80% or higher is required to pass the CE quiz and access your CE certificate. You have 10 opportunities to pass the quiz. If you are unable to pass the quiz in the allocated number of tries, then you must retake the course.
- Upon passing the CE quiz, you will be required to complete the survey evaluation for the course. Once that is completed, your CE certificate will be immediately available in your account in the NAADAC Education Center to download and print. All certificates will be stored in the NAADAC Education Center under your profile name. Click here for detailed step-by-step instructions on how to access your CE quiz and download your CE certificate.
Click here for a complete list of who accepts NAADAC continuing education hours.
This webinar is NOT eligible for ASWB ACE CE hours or NASW CE hours.
Gerard J. Schmidt, MA, LPC, MAC, is the President of NAADAC, the Association for Addiction Professionals and is Chief Operations Officer at Valley HealthCare System in Morgantown, WV. He has served in the mental health and addictions treatment profession for the past 45 years. Publications to Schmidt’s credit include several articles on the development of Employee Assistance Programs in rural areas and wellness in the workplace, addictions practice in the residential settings, and an overview of addictions practice in the United States. He has edited Treatment Improvement Protocols for CSAT for several years and has been active with the Mid-Atlantic ATTC. Schmidt has served as Chair of the National Certification Commission for Addiction Professionals (NCC AP) and NAADAC’s Public Policy Committee, and as NAADAC’s Clinical Affairs Consultant. Awards include the Distinguished Service Award in 2003 and the Senator Harold Hughes Advocate of the Year in 2010. In addition to his national and international work, Schmidt has been active within West Virginia in advocating and supporting state legislative issues related to addictions and addiction treatment.
Cynthia Moreno Tuohy, NCAC II, CDC III, SAP, is the Executive Director of NAADAC. She previously served as the Project Director of Central East Addiction Technology Transfer Center, the Program Director for Volunteers of America Western Washington, serving homeless populations and the co-occurrence of poverty and substance abuse issues, and the administrator of multi-county, publicly-funded alcohol/drug prevention/ intervention/treatment centers. Moreno Tuohy has been a state, national, and international trainer for over 25 years on a variety of topics and has written many addiction-specific curriculums. Prior to joining NAADAC, she served in many roles on the NAADAC Board of Directors, including as President. Moreno Tuohy’s book, Rein in Your Brain: From Impulsivity to Thoughtful Living in Recovery was released in May 2014 (Hazelden Publishers). She holds a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work and advanced studies in Social Work and Public Administration.
Who Should Attend
Addiction professionals, employee assistance professionals, social workers, mental health counselors, professional counselors, psychologists, and other helping professionals that are interested in learning about addiction-related matters.
Questions or comments about NAADAC Education? Take a look at our Webinar FAQs or email NAADAC.
Click here to learn about the NAADAC Education Center.
This presentation is for individual use only and may not be reproduced without permission from NAADAC.