We are interested in accepting any interesting and topical articles that address issues of interest to addiction-focused professionals. Have a story idea or article that you'd like to submit? Contact Managing Editor, Jessica Gleason, and share your story idea.
To submit an article for publication, email the article, a short biography (125 words or fewer), and a print-worthy photograph (file size at least 500 KB - 1 MB or more preferred) to Jessica Gleason by the deadline listed below. All articles not meeting the publication guidelines listed below will be rejected.
2017 Submission Deadlines
Winter Issue - October 31st
2018 Submission Deadlines
Spring Issue - January 2nd
Summer Issue - March 2nd
Fall Issue - June 1st
Winter Issue - October 12th
NAADAC requests that presenters refrain from using terminology that perpetuates the negative stigmas surrounding those with substance use disorders or living in recovery.
- Instead of "addict," use "person with a substance use disorder"
- Instead of "addicted to X," use "has an X use disorder," "has a serious X use disorder," or "has a substance use disorder involving X" (if more than one substance is involved)
- Instead of "alcoholic," use "person with an alcohol use disorder"
- Instead of "drug/substance abuse," use "substance use disorder"
- Instead of "former addict," use "person in recovery" or "person in long-term recovery"