The Addiction Educator of the Year Award is presented to the educator who has made an outstanding contribution to addiction education.
Any NAADAC member in good standing may nominate an individual for this award, which is selected by the NAADAC Awards Committee. Current members of the NAADAC Executive Committee are ineligible for this award.
To be given this award, the nominee must:
The nomination period is now closed.
- be an adjunct or full-time college/university instructor or professor;
- have a demonstrated history of contributing through academia to the addiction profession through the mentoring of student/student chapters, colleagues, or addiction professionals;
- have a demonstrated history of research or other contributions designed to grow, enhance, and/or educate the addiction profession.
- be an active NAADAC member in good standing (i.e., the individual must be a voting member as opposed to an honorary member); and
- have demonstrated full compliance and support of NAADAC's Code of Ethics to the satisfaction of one's peers.
To nominate an addiction professional for this award, please submit:
- a letter of nomination explaining how the nominee fulfills the eligibility requirements and the spirit of the award;
- at least three letters of support from three different sources (e.g., individuals, organizations or agencies) (Please note that these three letters must be from sources other than the nominator.);
- the nominee’s resume; and
- a completed Award Nomination Form.
Submissions may be sent by email to [email protected] (preferred) or by mail to:
NAADAC, the Association for Addiction Professionals
ATTN: Awards Committee Chair
44 Canal Center Plaza, Suite 301
Alexandria, VA 22314
Deadline: All award nominations much be received by July 31, 2021 for consideration.
Please note that award winners will be asked to submit a short video acknowledging their award for use by NAADAC on the NAADAC website, social media accounts, and other marketing materials. The award will be sent to an address provided by the awardee.
For additional information, please contact Kristin Hamilton, JD, at [email protected] or 703.741.7686 x131.
Past Award Recipients
2020 Margaret Smith, EdD, MLADC (Newport, NH)
2019 Kirk Bowden, PhD, LPC, NCC, MAC (Gilbert, AZ)
2018 Donald P. Osborn, PhD, LCAC, LMHC, LMFT, LCSW (Nobelsville, IN)
2017 John Massella, EdD, LPC, NCC, CCS, CAADC dip (Venetia, PA)