Free NAADAC Webinar
A Recorded Webinar
As of January 2023, registration and CE quiz and Certificate access for the NAADAC Free Webinar Series are available in the NAADAC Education Center
. Click here
to learn about the NAADAC Education Center
Recorded on September 27, 2017
Innumerable explanations and treatment models have been proffered for addressing addictions and addictive behaviors in our current era. Advances in behavioral and affective neuroscience have significantly advanced these endeavors. At the same time, neuroscience and its integration into counseling is growing at a rapid pace and providers need to know how to respond. One key area of integration involves treatment of both addictions and relationships. This session will address both addiction and relational disorder from a neuroscience integration perspective. Specifically, it explores the links between relational deficits and vulnerability to addiction. It describes the neurobiological connections between the two, along with recommendations for effective treatment.
- Discuss brain basics that have the most relevance for counseling practice with addictions and relational disorders.
- Explore the deleterious effects of non-nurturing early environments on the brain.
- Examine interventions for relational trauma and addiction, using a Metaphoric Model of brain-based counseling.
Education is FREE to all professionals
Earn 1.5 Continuing Education Hours (CEs)
To earn a CE Certificate for viewing this webinar, you must view the webinar in its entirety, pass the CE quiz, and complete the online survey evaluation.
- Upon completing the webinar, you will have access to the CE quiz within the course you are taking. Find the CE quiz in the NAADAC Education Center and click “purchase.” NAADAC members will be prompted to register for the CE quiz for free, while non-members will be prompted to pay a $20 processing fee to access the quiz.
- A score of 80% or higher is required to pass the CE quiz and access your CE certificate. You have 10 opportunities to pass the quiz. If you are unable to pass the quiz in the allocated number of tries, then you must retake the course.
- Upon passing the CE quiz, you will be required to complete the survey evaluation for the course. Once that is completed, your CE certificate will be immediately available in your account in the NAADAC Education Center to download and print. All certificates will be stored in the NAADAC Education Center under your profile name. Click here for detailed step-by-step instructions on how to access your CE quiz and download your CE certificate.
Click here for a complete list of who accepts NAADAC continuing education hours.
This webinar is NOT eligible for ASWB ACE CE hours or NASW CE hours.
Chad Luke PhD, LPC-MHSP, NCC, ACS, is an Associate Professor of Counselor Education at Tennessee Tech University in Cookeville, TN, and a clinical supervisor. He holds a Doctorate Degree in Counselor Education from the University of Tennessee. He has clinical experience with addictions, children and adolescents, the homeless, college students, and other adults. He has published several articles and book chapters on career, college success, and mental health. He is a Licensed Professional Counselor specializing in career, addictions, and college populations. His most recent book, published by SAGE, is entitled, “Neuroscience for Counselors and Therapists: Integrating the Sciences of Brain and Mind.
Who Should Attend
Addiction professionals, employee assistance professionals, social workers, mental health counselors, professional counselors, psychologists, and other helping professionals that are interested in learning about addiction-related matters.
Questions or comments about NAADAC Education? Take a look at our Webinar FAQs or email NAADAC.
Click here to learn about the NAADAC Education Center.
This presentation is for individual use only and may not be reproduced without permission from NAADAC.