Free NAADAC Webinar
A Recorded Webinar
As of January 2023, registration and CE quiz and Certificate access for the NAADAC Free Webinar Series are available in the NAADAC Education Center
. Click here
to learn about the NAADAC Education Center
Recorded on Wednesday, December 5, 2018
This presentation will start with the history of NADA, including how it was discovered and developed and some of the research that has been done over the past 50 years to determine safety and effectiveness. A description of the points used and a discussion of the western and eastern medicine philosophy behind the points will follow. There will be a discussion of how it is being used in programs around the country and how it can be used to help with opiate withdrawal, with and without MAT, and with co-occurring disorders to help calm anxiety and improve sleep. It will finish with a description of training and how people can assess trainings and depending on their state laws, who can do this.
- Able to recount the history of the NADA protocol, how it developed out of an opiate epidemic in the 1970s, and how its use has developed over time to include its use after disasters to help people cope with trauma.
- Explain how NADA is used in treatment programs to help people calm down and learn what is being offered in treatment.
- Understand how to access training and integrate this protocol into a treatment program.
Education is FREE to all professionals
Earn 2 Continuing Education Hours (CEs)
To earn a CE Certificate for viewing this webinar, you must view the webinar in its entirety, pass the CE quiz, and complete the online survey evaluation.
- Upon completing the webinar, you will have access to the CE quiz within the course you are taking. Find the CE quiz in the NAADAC Education Center and click “purchase.” NAADAC members will be prompted to register for the CE quiz for free, while non-members will be prompted to pay a $25 processing fee to access the quiz.
- A score of 80% or higher is required to pass the CE quiz and access your CE certificate. You have 10 opportunities to pass the quiz. If you are unable to pass the quiz in the allocated number of tries, then you must retake the course.
- Upon passing the CE quiz, you will be required to complete the survey evaluation for the course. Once that is completed, your CE certificate will be immediately available in your account in the NAADAC Education Center to download and print. All certificates will be stored in the NAADAC Education Center under your profile name. Click here for detailed step-by-step instructions on how to access your CE quiz and download your CE certificate.
Click here for a complete list of who accepts NAADAC continuing education hours.
This webinar is NOT eligible for ASWB ACE CE hours or NASW CE hours.
Libby Stuyt, MD, is the Medical Director for the Circle Program at Crossroads' Turning Point in Pueblo, Colorado, a 90-day inpatient treatment program funded by the state of Colorado for persons with co-occurring mental illness and substance use disorder who have failed other levels of treatment. A board-certified Addiction Psychiatrist, Stuyt has been working in the field of addiction psychiatry since 1990. The National Acupuncture Detoxification Association certified her as an Acupuncture Detoxification Specialist in December 2000 and a Registered Trainer in 2008. She has utilized the NADA protocol since 2000 in her program, initially to help patients withdraw from nicotine, but has found it to also be helpful for many symptoms experienced by those with mental illness.
Who Should Attend
Addiction professionals, employee assistance professionals, social workers, mental health counselors, professional counselors, psychologists, and other helping professionals that are interested in learning about addiction-related matters.
Questions or comments about NAADAC Education? Take a look at our Webinar FAQs or email NAADAC.
Click here to learn about the NAADAC Education Center.
This presentation is for individual use only and may not be reproduced without permission from NAADAC.