Free NAADAC Webinar
A Recorded Webinar
As of January 2023, registration and CE quiz and Certificate access for the NAADAC Free Webinar Series are available in the NAADAC Education Center
. Click here
to learn about the NAADAC Education Center
Recorded on November 29, 2017
Habilitation clients are creating a framework for recovery for the first time. Many deficits in the areas of knowledge, critical thinking, values, and emotional literacy are present. Constructing a recovery plan requires psycho-education, role playing, testing, building social support, treating institutionalization, and a clear model of care for core clinical issues (e.g., power and control, excitement, crisis, and chaos, rigid defense mechanisms, emotional manipulation, social support etc.). This session focuses on aspects unique to this particular client and strategies to facilitate emotional growth in recovering.
- Participants will learn the knowledge, skills, and attitude model.
- Participants will be able to apply a hopefulness approach to problem solving.
- Practice a framework that addresses the many aspects of “arrested development.”
- Identify a list of core clinical issues and how to address these issues.
Education is FREE to all professionals
Earn 1 Continuing Education Hour (CE)
To earn a CE Certificate for viewing this webinar, you must view the webinar in its entirety, pass the CE quiz, and complete the online survey evaluation.
- Upon completing the webinar, you will have access to the CE quiz within the course you are taking. Find the CE quiz in the NAADAC Education Center and click “purchase.” NAADAC members will be prompted to register for the CE quiz for free, while non-members will be prompted to pay a $15 processing fee to access the quiz.
- A score of 80% or higher is required to pass the CE quiz and access your CE certificate. You have 10 opportunities to pass the quiz. If you are unable to pass the quiz in the allocated number of tries, then you must retake the course.
- Upon passing the CE quiz, you will be required to complete the survey evaluation for the course. Once that is completed, your CE certificate will be immediately available in your account in the NAADAC Education Center to download and print. All certificates will be stored in the NAADAC Education Center under your profile name. Click here for detailed step-by-step instructions on how to access your CE quiz and download your CE certificate.
Click here for a complete list of who accepts NAADAC continuing education hours.
This webinar is NOT eligible for ASWB ACE CE hours or NASW CE hours.
Robert Neri, LMHC, CAP, is the WestCare Senior Vice-President, Chief Program/Service Officer and has more than 40 years of experience working in the behavioral health care field and has been responsible for designing, overseeing, and maintaining the clinical operations of non-profit substance use disorder treatment providers. Neri is nationally known and recognized for his knowledge, expertise, and experience designing treatment systems for those with substance use disorders in the criminal justice system and specialized treatment for women and their children. He has published several journal and research articles relating to that experience.
Who Should Attend
Addiction professionals, employee assistance professionals, social workers, mental health counselors, professional counselors, psychologists, and other helping professionals that are interested in learning about addiction-related matters.
Questions or comments about NAADAC Education? Take a look at our Webinar FAQs or email NAADAC.
Click here to learn about the NAADAC Education Center.
This presentation is for individual use only and may not be reproduced without permission from NAADAC.