Free NAADAC Webinar
A Recorded Webinar
As of January 2023, registration and CE quiz and Certificate access for the NAADAC Free Webinar Series are available in the NAADAC Education Center
. Click here
to learn about the NAADAC Education Center
Recorded on January 9, 2019
Many healthcare providers report that addressing alcohol and other drug problems is one of the most challenging areas of their practice. Providers are unsure how to address these issues, and yet they are in a prime position to reduce the negative outcomes related to substance misuse. Substance use counselors can partner with these providers to implement cost-effective screening, brief intervention, and referral to treatment (SBIRT) practices, that help identify and get patients the services they need. This is a win, win, win situation for the healthcare provider, substance use counselor, and mostly importantly, the patient. This webinar will outline a plan on how to work collaboratively with clinics in rural settings to build a SBIRT practice.
- Learn the components of a SBIRT practice to implement in rural clinics.
- Identify the barriers and opportunities in implementing SBIRT in rural clinics.
- Learn to complete a series of steps when implementing an SBIRT program.
Education is FREE to all professionals
Earn 1 Continuing Education Hour (CE)
To earn a CE Certificate for viewing this webinar, you must view the webinar in its entirety, pass the CE quiz, and complete the online survey evaluation.
- Upon completing the webinar, you will have access to the CE quiz within the course you are taking. Find the CE quiz in the NAADAC Education Center and click “purchase.” NAADAC members will be prompted to register for the CE quiz for free, while non-members will be prompted to pay a $15 processing fee to access the quiz.
- A score of 80% or higher is required to pass the CE quiz and access your CE certificate. You have 10 opportunities to pass the quiz. If you are unable to pass the quiz in the allocated number of tries, then you must retake the course.
- Upon passing the CE quiz, you will be required to complete the survey evaluation for the course. Once that is completed, your CE certificate will be immediately available in your account in the NAADAC Education Center to download and print. All certificates will be stored in the NAADAC Education Center under your profile name. Click here for detailed step-by-step instructions on how to access your CE quiz and download your CE certificate.
Click here for a complete list of organizations who approve NAADAC to provide continuing education hours.
This webinar is NOT eligible for ASWB ACE CE hours or NASW CE hours.
Christine Chasek, PhD, LIMHP, LADC, MAC, is an Associate Professor at the University of Nebraska at Kearney in the Department of Counseling and School Psychology, and Director of the Behavioral Healthcare Center of Nebraska-Kearney. Chasek is a practicing mental health and addictions counselor with experience in behavioral health care administration, most currently focusing on developing the behavioral healthcare workforce in Nebraska. Her research interests include addiction counseling, attitudes of providers about addictions counseling, counselor preparation, and clinical outcomes. Chasek also serves as the Chairman of the Nebraska Alcohol and Drug Licensing Board.
Who Should Attend
Addiction professionals, employee assistance professionals, social workers, mental health counselors, professional counselors, psychologists, and other helping professionals that are interested in learning about addiction-related matters.
Questions or comments about NAADAC Education? Take a look at our Webinar FAQs or email NAADAC.
Click here to learn about the NAADAC Education Center.
This presentation is for individual use only and may not be reproduced without permission from NAADAC.