Free NAADAC Live, Interactive Webinar
Wednesday, April 21, 2021 @ 3:00-4:30pm ET (2CT/1MT/12PT)
Based on the premise that all people are naturally creative, resourceful, and whole, and have the ability to self-heal, RIM® is a technique that helps turn on a client’s emotional operating system so that old stuck emotional memories can flow through them. RIM® is a closed-eye, verbal, and whole brain and body transformational tool that quickly and easily releases negative emotional memories and regenerates them into positive ones. During this presentation, participants will explore how well RIM® can be used as an adjunct tool for their practice as a coach, social worker, therapist, counselor, teacher, nurse, or other helping professional. This presentation is designed to be experiential in nature so participants will learn through a personal experience.
Garret Biss, CPRC, MRED, is a retired Marine Corps pilot and serves as lead trainer for Diamond Mind, LLC. His work brings the science of human flourishing and human potential training to those who have struggled with a substance use disorder. Biss is the award-winning author of multiple books; his most recent publication is the FIRST STEPS to Thriving in Recovery workbook. As a professional speaker, Biss has worked with organizations across the country and has delivered dozens of presentations on a variety of addiction-related topics: changing the conversation, developing a growth mindset, and promoting post-traumatic growth. In 2019, Biss launched an online school, Thriving in Your Recovery™, which leverages positivity-focused and strengths-based practices that empower individuals for successful, long-term recovery.
Michael Kline is an expert on success and emotions. He is the 11th of 12 children born into poverty to an abusive alcoholic father, living in junkyard. Kline lost his mother at age seven and discovered powerful lessons about life, love, and human potential. His journey from the junkyard is proof of what is possible for anyone. Driven by the conviction that it is never too late to have a happy childhood or adulthood, Kline has invested thousands of hours performing RIM® sessions and training others to use RIM® as an advanced emotional healing technique. Kline delivers nearly 100 webinars every year and over 200 hours of in-person RIM® training. As a Master Certified RIM® Facilitator and Trainer, his area of focus is using RIM® to help clients release stored body memory and trauma for self-healing.
- Participants will be able to explain a person’s organic Emotional Operating System (EOS) and how it allows negative emotions to dissolve naturally.
- Participants will be able to facilitate a process to experience their intangible feelings as tangible events that are safe, manageable, and able to be processed.
- Participants will be able to explain how RIM® resolves the negative emotional effects of trauma and how this reduces one’s risk for developing SUD or experiencing a relapse.
- Beginning level courses introduce learners to a content area; include information about a condition, treatment method, or issue; and involve learning and comprehending content.
- Intermediate level courses provide information that builds on knowledge practitioners with some experience already have. These courses focus on skill-building or adding knowledge, possibly following a brief overview of basic information, and involve using information in concrete situations and understanding the underlying structure of the material.
- Advanced level courses provide content for participants who have been working in the content area and have a clear understanding of the issues. These courses cover and address the complexities involved in the work and involve synthesizing material to create new patterns or structures or evaluating material for a specific purpose.
Polls and Q&A.
Education is FREE to all professionals.
Earn 1.5 Continuing Education Hours (CEs)
To earn a CE Certificate for viewing this webinar, you must view the webinar in its entirety, complete the online evaluation, and pass the CE quiz.
Click here for a complete list of who accepts NAADAC continuing education hours.
- Upon completing the webinar, click on the “Online CE Quiz” link above in the grey box to complete the online evaluation survey and CE quiz, and get your CE certificate. This link will be made available after the webinar takes place. NAADAC members will be prompted to register for the CE quiz for free, while non-members will be prompted to pay a $20 processing fee to access the quiz.
- A score of 80% or higher is required to pass the CE quiz and access your CE certificate. You have 10 opportunities to pass the quiz. If you are unable to pass the quiz in the allocated number of tries, then you must retake the course.
- Upon passing the CE quiz, your CE certificate will be immediately available to download in your NAADAC profile. Click here for detailed step-by-step instructions for accessing your CE quiz and CE Certificate.
Who Should Attend
Addiction professionals, employee assistance professionals, social workers, mental health counselors, professional counselors, psychologists, and other helping professionals that are interested in learning about addiction-related matters.
Live closed captioning is available and the captioning capabilities are in compliance with the practices defined in Worldwide Web Consortium’s (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act. In addition, transcripts are available for on-demand webinars recorded on and after March 27, 2019.
Questions, comments, or concerns about NAADAC Education? Take a look at our Webinar FAQs or email NAADAC.
Click here to learn about system requirements for NAADAC Webinars.
This presentation is for individual use only and may not be reproduced without permission from NAADAC.