Free NAADAC Webinar
A Recorded Webinar
As of January 2023, registration and CE quiz and Certificate access for the NAADAC Free Webinar Series are available in the NAADAC Education Center
. Click here
to learn about the NAADAC Education Center
Recorded on Wednesday, September 26, 2018
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) remains one of the most effective forms of treatment for those struggling with substance use disorders and mental health diagnoses. This program will review the basic core components of CBT and present modifications for implementation in substance use treatment programs. Participants will become familiar with the step-by-step process of applying CBT to individual and group sessions. Attendees will be provided a toolbox to assist their clients with creating new responses to triggers to help along the path of recovery beyond the treatment setting.
- Identify the basic components of CBT.
- Review the structure for applying these components to different forms of substance use treatment.
- Helping clients to assess and navigate through barriers to recovery to help change overall behaviors.
Education is FREE to all professionals
Earn 1 Continuing Education Hour (CE)
To earn a CE Certificate for viewing this webinar, you must view the webinar in its entirety, pass the CE quiz, and complete the online survey evaluation.
Click here for a complete list of who accepts NAADAC continuing education hours.
This webinar is NOT eligible for ASWB ACE CE hours or NASW CE hours.
- Upon completing the webinar, you will have access to the CE quiz within the course you are taking. Find the CE quiz in the NAADAC Education Center and click “purchase.” NAADAC members will be prompted to register for the CE quiz for free, while non-members will be prompted to pay a $15 processing fee to access the quiz.
- A score of 80% or higher is required to pass the CE quiz and access your CE certificate. You have 10 opportunities to pass the quiz. If you are unable to pass the quiz in the allocated number of tries, then you must retake the course.
- Upon passing the CE quiz, you will be required to complete the survey evaluation for the course. Once that is completed, your CE certificate will be immediately available in your account in the NAADAC Education Center to download and print. All certificates will be stored in the NAADAC Education Center under your profile name. Click here for detailed step-by-step instructions on how to access your CE quiz and download your CE certificate.
Frederick Dombrowski, PhD, LADC, LPC, NCC, CCMHC, MAC, is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor and a Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor. Dombrowski has experience working with clients with dual diagnoses over various settings including outpatient, inpatient, and residential treatment since 1999. He obtained his Doctor of Philosophy degree in Counselor Education and Supervision from Capella University in 2016. Dombrowski has spoken at several national and regional conferences as well as provided in person and online trainings with such topics as “Creating an inclusive substance use treatment facility for LGBTQ clients” and “Demystifying Dialectic Behavioral Therapy: Clear directions for implementation in substance use treatment programs.”
Who Should Attend
Addiction professionals, employee assistance professionals, social workers, mental health counselors, professional counselors, psychologists, and other helping professionals that are interested in learning about addiction-related matters.
Questions or comments about NAADAC Education? Take a look at our Webinar FAQs or email NAADAC.
Click here to learn about the NAADAC Education Center.
This presentation is for individual use only and may not be reproduced without permission from NAADAC.