Make a difference by nominating a passionate, skilled and dedicated addiction professional to represent the Mid-South Region (Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Texas) on the NAADAC Executive Committee for the 2018-2020 term. The nomination period is open from October 24, 2018 to November 16, 2018, with special election voting taking place November 26, 2018 through December 21, 2018.
Please note: Only current NAADAC members residing or working in Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Texas may submit nominations.
Deadline: November 16, 2018 @ 5:00pm EST
STEP 1: Download Nomination Form
STEP 2: Return completed form to NAADAC by:
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax to 703.741.7698
- Mail to NAADAC, Attn: Nominations & Elections, 44 Canal Center Plaza Ste. 301, Alexandria, VA 22314
- Must be a NAADAC Professional or Retired Member in good standing
- Must reside and work in Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, or Texas
- A minimum of two years of active engagement in the addiction recovery profession immediately prior to the nomination
- A minimum of two years of experience on either the NAADAC Board of Directors or a NAADAC Affiliate Board
- Must be able to perform and fulfill all duties and functions of an RVP as enumerated and described in the Bylaws and Policies and Procedures
Regional Vice President Duties
- Attend all face-to-face meetings, and participate in all conference calls and electronic meetings of the NAADAC Executive Committee and Board of Directors.
- Serve on NAADAC committees as directed by the President.
- Communicate with Affiliates monthly to:
- Solicit input and report their findings of the needs and issues of the members in the Affiliates in the region.
- Provide information and support to the Affiliates on a monthly or more frequent basis.
- Encourage participation in NAADAC functions such as the Annual Conference, Public Policy Conference, regional and local conferences and trainings, Recovery Month activities, and other addiction recovery-related events.
- Assist with the development and fulfillment of Affiliates’ goals.
- Support the NAADAC strategic plan.
- Identify sponsors and exhibitors for NAADAC events.
- Assist the President at the Annual Conference and Public Policy Conference.
- Submit an annual Regional Report to the NAADAC office a minimum of fourteen (14) days prior to the Annual Business Meeting.
- Represent his or her region’s concerns and issues to the NAADAC Board of Directors, and communicating Board responses to the Affiliates in the region.
- Work with the NAADAC office to assist in promoting and organizing leadership training and other NAADAC events in the region.
- Promote NAADAC membership in the region.
- Lend assistance to Affiliates in the region when requested by the President, a Director, or a NAADAC Officer.
- Attend Affiliate meetings to represent NAADAC.
- Help Affiliates with membership recruitment, fundraising, and leadership development.
- Provide written reports to the NAADAC Board of Directors (reporting on) regarding activities among the Region’s Affiliates four (4) times per year.
- Answer calls, letters, and e-mails as needed from Affiliates in the region and provide copies of correspondence to the NAADAC office.
- Participate in all scheduled RVP conference calls.
- Lead the Annual Regional Caucus Meeting at the Annual Conference and reporting outcomes to the NAADAC office.
- Perform other duties as directed by the President.
If you have any questions about the nomination process, please email NAADAC Director of Operations & Finance HeidiAnne Werner, or call 703.741.7686 x101.