NAADAC, the Association for Addiction Professionals, is happy to work with Ph.D. students from accredited educational institutions to distribute a dissertation-related survey to NAADAC’s membership and/or constituents. Ph.D. students may contract with NAADAC to send one email out to either its whole member list (10,000+) or a clearly defined and segmented portion of its email list containing introductory information about the survey and a link to an online survey.
In order to partake in this service by NAADAC, PhD student must:
- Be a current NAADAC member in good standing;
- Be enrolled in an accredited doctoral program;
- Obtain approval of dissertation and survey from student’s University Institutional Review Board;
- Demonstrate how their academic research is relevant to NAADAC’s mission;
- Agree to share study’s results with NAADAC within a timely manner for NAADAC’s use (appropriate credit will be given to the researcher); and
- Agree to write an article about the survey results and submit to NAADAC for possible publication in Advances in Addiction & Recovery.
$300 service fee to cover NAADAC staff time in the administration of the survey
Requirements & Procedures
- Ph.D. student must submit a formal written request to NAADAC with the following items:
- Signed Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for Ph.D. Surveys;
- A current resume/curriculum vitae;
- A letter addressed to the NAADAC Executive Director from Department Chair on College/University letterhead, evidencing Ph.D. student’s current enrollment in an accredited doctoral program;
- Copy of study’s approval by the Ph.D. student’s College/University Institutional Review Board
- A proposal, no more than five pages, outlining: (1) the purpose of the study; (2) the research questions/hypotheses; (3) explanation as to how research is relevant to NAADAC’s Mission; (4) the text of the email to be distributed to NAADAC members and/or constituents; (5) hyperlink to online survey; (6) proposed distribution plan; and (7) intended outcomes;
- A copy of the online survey to be administered (in PDF or other format); and
- Payment of $300. Payments may be made by check or by credit card.
- NAADAC staff will review all proposals for appropriate content and distribution plans.
- Upon approval, the NAADAC Director of Operations will contact Ph.D. student to agree on any suggested or necessary changes, and proposed distribution and data collection procedures, including:
- Member/constituent group(s) survey should be distributed to;
- Date and time of distribution;
- Due date for survey results back to NAADAC; and
- Due date for article on survey results.
- NAADAC will send survey out to agreed member/constituent group(s) at agreed date and time.
- Ph.D. student will send survey results back to NAADAC by designated date.
- Ph.D. student will provide an article about the survey results to NAADAC by designated date.
Please note, NAADAC does not guarantee a certain number of survey participants or certain kind of data.
Please contact Kristin Hamilton at email@example.com.