Let NAADAC hear your voice!
Make a difference by nominating a passionate, skilled and dedicated addiction professional for a NAADAC Executive Leadership position. Please note: Only current NAADAC members may submit nominations.
Deadline: January 31st, 2017 @ 5:00pm EST
STEP 1: Download Nomination Form
STEP 2: Return completed form to NAADAC by:
- Email to email@example.com
- Fax to 800-377-1136 or 703-741-7698
- Mail to NAADAC, Attn: Nominations & Elections, 44 Canal Center Plaza Ste. 301, Alexandria, VA 22314.
NAADAC is accepting nominations for the following Regional Vice-President positions:
- North Central (Represents IA, KS, MN, MO, NE, ND, SD)
- Mid-Central (Represents IL, IN, KY, MI, OH, WI)
- Southeast (Represents AL, FL, GA, MI, NC, SC, TN)
- Southwest (Represents AZ, CA, CO, HI, NM, NV, UT)
Qualifications for 2017-2019 Regional Vice-President Candidates
Please note that the nominee for the region should be from a state association other than that of the incumbent Regional Vice President. In the event there is only one state in the region or no other nominations are forthcoming, the nominee may be from the same state as the incumbent.
- Must represent a state wherein an Affiliated State Association is in place.
- Must reside and work in region to be represented.
- Current NAADAC membership in good standing
- A minimum of two years of active engagement in the addiction recovery profession immediately prior to the nomination
- A minimum of two years of experience on either the NAADAC Board of Directors or a NAADAC Affiliate Board (State/Chapter/International)
- Reside and work in the region represented
Regional Vice-President Duties (two-year term)
- Attend all of the NAADAC Executive Committee meetings, conference calls and electronic meetings and Board of Directors meetings, including: the National Annual Conference (up to 6 days); NAADAC mid-year Executive Committee meeting (may include planning retreat) (up to 3 days); monthly conference calls lasting approximately 1.5 hours; and affiliate conference/meetings in region when invited or as directed by leadership.
- Serve on NAADAC committees as requested by the President
- Communicate with Affiliates regularly to: (1) Solicit input and report monthly, their findings; (2) Provide information and support to the Affiliates on a regular basis (at least monthly contact); (3) Encourage participation at NAADAC functions such as the Annual Conference and Public Policy Conference, local trainings and other such events; and (4) Assist with the development and fulfillment of Affiliate’s goals and support the NAADAC strategic plan.
- Identify sponsors or exhibitors for NAADAC events.
- Assist the President at the Annual Conference and Public Policy Conference.
- Submit an annual regional report to the NAADAC office before the Annual Conference.
- Represent the region’s concerns and issues and communicate responses back to the Affiliates in region.
- Assist in promoting and organizing leadership training events or other NAADAC events in the region in conjunction with the NAADAC office.
- Promote membership in NAADAC.
- Lend assistance to Affiliates in the region when so asked by the President/Delegate or NAADAC officer.
- Attend Affiliate meetings representing NAADAC and help in membership recruitment, fundraising, and leadership development.
- Provide recommendations of members within the region to the President and Nominations Committee to fill vacancies on the NAADAC Board, the NAADAC Certification Commission, and Committees.
- Perform duties as assigned or requested by the President.
- Provide written reports a minimum of five (5) times per year.
- Answer calls and letters as needed and provide a copy to NAADAC office.
- Participate in the RVP conference calls as scheduled.
- Lead the Annual Regional Caucus meeting at the Annual Conference and report outcomes to the NAADAC office.
If you have any questions about the nomination process, please email NAADAC Director of Operations & Finance HeidiAnne Werner, or call 1-800-548-0497 x102.