Program Eligibility & Application Process
NMFP-AC fellows will be selected through a rigorous rolling application and evaluation process, administered by the NMFP-AC staff and NMFP-AC Advisory Committee. After ensuring that you are eligible for this program, please read the detailed application instructions below to start the application process. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
To be eligible, applicants must:
1. Be a U.S. citizen or Legal Permanent Resident.
2. Be a graduate student enrolled full time in a Master’s degree program at an accredited institution, and be entering the final year of that program during the Fall of 2017.
3. Be enrolled in either an Addiction Counseling Master’s degree program, or a Master’s degree program in Counseling with an addiction track, consisting of no less than 12 academic credits of addiction-specific content. The degree program must include a supervised clinical internship. (See details here.)
4. Commit to providing at least six months post-fellowship addiction counseling to underserved populations defined as minority populations, LGBT populations, and/or transition age youth (ages 16-25) populations.
5. Attend a Fellowship orientation, complete six educational webinars, and work with an NMFP-AC-provided mentor.
6. Submit a complete application that includes all the required documentation.
7. Not have been previously notified of ineligibility by NMFP-AC.
Required Supporting Documentation
Instructions: All supporting documentation must be attached to the online application. Do not mail or e-mail any required documents to NAADAC separately. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed
- Essay: Please upload a separate single-spaced 800-1500 word essay addressing the following: (1) Describe your long-term professional goals and objectives with respect to your interest in addiction/substance use disorder counseling; (2) Describe your experience and commitment working with minority population and transition age youth group; (3) Describe the type of agency/organization you plan to work for in your professional discipline (hospital, outpatient, private practice, public funded, religious institution), and in what location (city, state); and (4) Describe your plan/vision working with minority populations and/or transition age groups.
- Resume: Please upload a current resume that includes: Education (degree, university, dates and anticipated date of completion), Work History (job title, company, location, years), and Additional Experience (volunteering, certifications, awards, etc.).
- Copy of Transcript: Please upload a transcript of courses and grades received that identifies the degree(s), dates and issuing institution.
- Credentials : If applicable, upload any professional certification and/or license in addiction/substance use disorders counseling or other counseling profession.
If you have any questions, please contact Ace Crawford at email@example.com or 703.741.7686 x107