The NAADAC Education and Research Foundation (NERF)
The NAADAC Education and Research Foundation (NERF) is a charitable organization established to strengthen the health and vitality of individuals, families and communities through the advancement of the addiction profession.
The goals of the foundation include:
- support the development of high-quality continuing education that addresses critical issues;
- facilitate the application of new research and technology to the practice of preventing and treating addictive disorders;
- identify and respond to policy and practice issues affecting addiction professionals and their clients; and
- aid in homeland security programs and preparations as they relate to the prevention and treatment of addictive disorders.
NERF is funded primarily by voluntary contributions from NAADAC members and other individuals who wish to support the advancement of the addiction profession. NERF also welcomes support from the government, corporations and other foundations.
Examples of NERF Programs:
- International Programs, including development of certification programs
- Educational Scholarships
- Conferences, Trainings and Symposiums
- Special Projects
For more information about how to get involved with the NAADAC Education and Research Foundation, please contact Cynthia Moreno Tuohy at firstname.lastname@example.org.