Professional Liability Insurance for NAADAC Members
As of Spring 2015, NAADAC is proud to introduce and endorse a new professional liability program, exclusively for NAADAC members, through the American Professional Agency, Inc. (APA, Inc.), an underwriter of professional liability for the behavioral health and allied health field for 40 years. With over 100,000 insured professionals, APA, Inc. is one of the top program administrators in the country and offers broad coverage at lower premiums. Please note, NAADAC does not provide insurance directly.
The latest in a suite of products developed specifically for mental health professionals, APA, Inc.’s professional liability program provides coverage that is tailored to the unique exposures faced by addiction counselors. Coverage is also available for NAADAC members who are nationally certified Peer Recovery Support Specialists, Associates working under supervision, Clinical Supervisors, Corporate Entities, and Students.
For more information on reduced rates for malpractice and liability insurance for individuals and agencies, please call the American Professional Agency, Inc. (APA, Inc.) at 1-800-421-6694 x2312 or e-mail Pamela VanCott, CPCU at firstname.lastname@example.org for full details.
Program Highlights for Eligible Addiciton Proffessionals (except Students)
- Underwritten by Allied World Specialty Insurance Company, a subsidiary of Allied World Assurance Company.
- Eligible Addiction Professionals: Addiction Counselors, Associates working toward licensure/certification, Clinical Supervisors, certified Peer Recovery Support Specialists, Corporations/Groups providing addiction counseling.
- Part time rates available for professionals working less than 20 hours a week.
- Limits available ranging from $200,000/$600,000 to $2,000,000/$4,000,000
- Coverage on Claims Made basis covering claims that are brought against you during the policy period.
- First year total insurance cost for $1,000,000/$3,000,000 limits as low as $115 for a full time Addiction Counselor
- Free lifetime “Tail Coverage” or Extended Reporting Period endorsement is available if the insured permanently retires, is permanently disabled or has died. To be eligible for free “tail coverage” upon permanent retirement, the policyholder must be insured with APA, Inc. a minimum of 5 years and be at least 55 years old. If a policyholder wants to discontinue coverage with APA, Inc. and does not qualify for free tail coverage, “tail coverage” may be purchased for a one-time charge of 175% of the expiring premium. Claim history will not prevent an insured from purchasing tail coverage.
- Coverage includes Premises Liability for “Trip and Fall” lawsuits at your workplace.
- Full defense coverage included with no cap. Defense coverage is in addition to policy limits.
- Sex Abuse Allegations are provided full Defense Coverage. A $25,000 sub-limit applies to judgements.
- Corporate or Group coverage available.
- $5,000 to $75,000 legal fee reimbursement limits available for defense costs related to proceedings such as hearings or disciplinary actions brought by a state or other licensing board or governmental regulatory body.
- $25,000 for Information Privacy coverage which provides defense for federal and state regulators who investigate you for violation of their privacy protection statutes (HIPAA).
- $100,000 in coverage for Medical Payments to a patient arising from bodily injury on your business premises.
- $15,000 for Emergency Aid expenses reimbursement for medical supplies and up to$100 for lost earnings due to the provision of volunteer emergency treatment.
- $25,000 for Assault and Battery coverage that reimburses you for medical expenses and/or personal property damage caused by a client.
- $150,000 for Fire Legal Liability coverage.
Program Highlights for Students
- Student Coverage available on Occurrence Form for as low as $23 per year.
- Occurrence Form coverage with limits ranging from $1,000,000/$1,000,000 to $2,000,000/$4,000,000.
- Covers the performance of duties in field placement.
How to Apply
Addiction Professionals (except Students):
- "Click here" to download an application to submit by:
- Online at www.americanprofessional.com
- By phone at (800) 421-6694 X2312 to speak with an underwriter in the Addiciton Professional Department.
Or by phone at (800) 421-6694 x2265 to speak with an underwriter in the Student Department.
Please contact the Addiction Counselors Department at APA, Inc. by calling 1-800-421-6694 x2312 to speak with an agent today. The APA, Inc. staff looks forward to speaking with you regarding your insurance needs.